Flagpole Update

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Flagpole Update

Post by KeithBoll »

With the seasonal turn to October - it's time to get back to visiting Flagpole and Elephant on Hood Canal.
Today's high tidal exchange (over 10 feet of exchange) led me to not expect the greatest visibility. Under 40 feet - there was about 20 feet of viz. At Elephant Wall, there was a bit more crud in the water, with about 15 feet viz.

Now to the good part: lots of critters and wolf eels and Octos around! There are three octos on eggs in dens at Flagpole. All the usual wolf eels were present and accounted for. Also, a nice warbonnet was towards the top of the main pinnacle (I see one there every couple dives). At Elephant Wall, I didn't even make it through the majority of the wall: instead, I spent my time with two different GPOs out in the open. I had my 60 MM Macro lens on, with a Wet Lens Wide Angle converter.

All in all - viz is getting better in the hood - and it was GREAT to see two GPOs out in the open.
Attachments
GPO Close Up at Elephant Wall.jpg
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Flagpole Update

Post by ScubaJess »

Awesome!!! 🐙🐙🐙🐙💖🖖
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Flagpole Update

Post by Gdog »

Very cool! Love that site!