Do you Remember?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Do you Remember?

Post by H20doctor »

liquivisionx1computer.png
liquivisionx1computer.png (50.57 KiB) Viewed 648 times
I was having a conversation the other day with a OG member of Northwest Dive club.. and we got on the conversation because back in the day this computer was brand new and causing a stir...
What is funny if you go back into the search engine and look at all the posts and the discussions about this computer on NWDC. You either loved it or you hated it.. there was a demand and a gap for technical diving whether you were doing caves or you were doing Wrecks... It was hard to find a diving computer with the correct algorithm and navy dive tables for decompression, and there was huge gap when it came to having a computer on your wrist to calculate PPO and decompression..
If you look at computers today shearwater dominates the market.. I still use my predator today.
I don't know who made this computer there were two versions The X1 and X2 but it was very popular for some reason here, long ago
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Do you Remember?

Post by mz53480 »

:popcorn:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
dlh
Submariner

Re: Do you Remember?

Post by dlh »

Terrible computer! Bad software and setup. Batteries had issues. You had to whack it to change any settings. The company also ended up being unreliable and abandoned the customers before long. A dive shop tried to sell me on this when they came out and I was not buying.
Dave