Folding Gear Table Recommendations?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Folding Gear Table Recommendations?

Post by Tangfish »

I’ve seen some divers with folding tables for getting in and out of gear in parking lots and now I’m thinking the right one might be good for the back (and vehicle).

I’m looking for something plenty sturdy but also light and easy to use enough that with full gear ready to go, gloves on etc, I can fold it up and stick it back in the truck before the dive, and similarly after the dive can get it unfolded easily for taking off my gear.

I think Bob Bailey had a rugged black and yellow one. Seemed like Home Depot colors but I looked on their website and couldn’t find it (they have a zillion folding tables and I didn’t get to the end).

Can anyone recommend what works well?

Thank you
bm5w
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Folding Gear Table Recommendations?

Post by bm5w »

Calvin - I have an X table. I'm not sure they still make it. https://www.homedepot.com/p/202021304
You may be able to find one second hand.
WetKen
Getting To Know Folks

Post by WetKen »

I have the Lowe's version of the same table since HD stopped selling them. I just looked and it appears Lowes has changed to a different model as well. The new model is rated to 1000 lbs with four folding legs similar to most folding tables. The new one is a bit lower and a bit smaller in width. I too would look for a used one of either of the old Lowes or HD versions as the top is larger and higher, both better suited for kit donning/doffing.
Dominick Gheesling
Just Settling In

Post by Dominick Gheesling »

I just fell down the rabbit hole, as I am also interested in a solution for gearing up with doubles.

So far, I'm liking this Dewalt model out of what I can find available:

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Express-F ... 0627579111
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I knew you guys would know!

I can’t find that HD one anywhere, not even on eBay.

The Lowe’s one i think is this:
IMG_5818.jpg
It looks decent but I’ll have to try to fold and unfold it in person to know. Same thing with that Dewalt, it all depends on how hard or easy it is to use and also the height.

I swear I thought Bob Bailey’s was black and yellow like the gear tubs but I may be misremembering.
Boarderguy
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Boarderguy »

Fold, stow, retrieve, unfold... all while in full kit? Are your trying to save your car or suv? You mentioned truck above so I'm not sure. For me my tailgate is perfect for all of that and a table would just be one more thing to wrestle with.
- Jacob -
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Truck tailgate as well, and there’s nothing wrong with the truck, but I myself am… vertically challenged relative to the tailgate.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Here's what I use. Very light and portable. Sets up in 20 seconds. Drawback is it does rust over time.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Worx-WX066- ... /303856364
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Boarderguy
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Boarderguy »

Well you didn't say it was a height disparity! I would think that stowing and retrieving it from the bed in full gear would be more of a challenge since the tailgate isn't the appropriate height already. Maybe something that could attach to the hitch and then stay out while diving?
- Jacob -