Thursday night diving 3/2

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Thursday night diving 3/2

Post by YellowEye »

Hi Friends. The tide will be pretty low this week (1 foot tide) but the action was so good last week that we'll go back to Redondo. 6-630 meet at the Dond!

Update: moved to cove 1

Last week's report:
We had about 10 divers who showed up to brave the cold.

So much stuff to see! Saw a lumpy within the first minute of the dive. Went down to bob's reef, saw a stubby. Went down to the bottle field and saw a lumpy on a bottle. Then two octos. Then a sturgeon poacher, snailfish, three horn shrimp and an octo. Then a lumpy in a moon snail shell. Then a lumpy on a bottle. A stubby. Several more octos. Up to bob's reef and we see another stubby, a pile of shaggy nudis, gunnels galore. Then up to the shallows and we see another lumpy, another snailfish, gunnels, octos, a ton of shrimp. And Jess saw a super rare tiny soft skin sculpin!!

I think everyone had a great dive!

Unfortunately I had a leak in my neck seal so it was extra cold!
Last edited by YellowEye on Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ktuli
Avid Diver

Re: Thursday night diving 3/2

Post by ktuli »

I'm in!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi everyone. We may have to relocate the dive tomorrow. It looks like there's quite a bit of wind in the forecast.. even three tree looks questionable. Let's all dive cove1. Lots of stubby squid! Or you can do c2 if you prefer.

Hope that works for you Will!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

Works for me - I did a dive at Cove 1 this afternoon around 4PM - we found two Stubbies but I'm not sure if we were deep enough or whether they were still hiding because it was still plenty bright. At the same time some other folks were diving Cove 2 and they said it was the most devoid of life they'd seen in a long time...

But yeah, I saw that forecast calling for SSW winds with gusts up to 30MPH and was wondering if we might not have the best conditions at The Dond...