Visiting Seattle for July and August

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
WALLE
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Visiting Seattle for July and August

Post by WALLE »

Hello!

After spending June in Monterey, I’m heading north to the Seattle area (Burien/Three Tree) for July and August. I’m hoping to get a few days of diving in each week, in the evenings after work and on the weekend. Looking forward to exploring the Sound a bit, taking some pictures, and joining some of the Thursday night group dives.

I’m looking up dive shops in the Burien area and seem to have been a bit spoiled by having a nearby shop in Monterey open 7 days a week for fills. Any recommendations for shops that are open on Sundays and Mondays that will fill a high pressure cylinder while I wait (ideally with banked Nitrox)?

Between my wife and I we have 4 HP100s. It seems like a lot of places are closed on Sundays and Mondays, leaving me in a pickle if I dive later on Saturday and then want a fill for a Sunday dive (short of renting more cylinders).
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Visiting Seattle for July and August

Post by YellowEye »

Hi. Welcome!

I don't know too many open on Sundays. Anacortes diving and I believe yss are open Sundays. Those are further out but located near good diving.

I personally recommend buying more tanks.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
WALLE
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by WALLE »

Thanks for the info! I guess I’ll now need to do the math on renting vs buying extra tanks.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

WALLE wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:14 am Thanks for the info! I guess I’ll now need to do the math on renting vs buying extra tanks.
Tanks have a pretty good resale value. I suspect you'd be ahead buying some of you can front the dough.

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Welcome to the PNW!

Lighthouse diving in Lynnwood (really the south end of Mukilteo) is open 7 days a week, as is YSS over in Hoodsport, I think most UWS locations are open on Mondays. Off the Hook in Olympia is open Mondays and Sundays.

If you are looking for used tanks and have a Facebook account, Rain City Scuba is a good spot for finding stuff like that.

Happy diving!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman