Underwater Communication and Underwater Navigation System

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Graceee
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Underwater Communication and Underwater Navigation System

Post by Graceee »

Hi scuba divers,

What's your comments about below underwater communication and navigation system,

Ocean Plan Dive navigation computer,

https://en.oceanplan.cn/

Its core features about underwater positioning, underwater navigation and underwater communication to track, position and communicate with divers to divers and divers to boat.

Combining with your diving experience, would you like to share your ideas on other related devices and concepts?

Much Apperciated !
60south
Pelagic

Re: Underwater Communication and Underwater Navigation System

Post by 60south »

I've been working on a much simpler, economical version more geared for recreational divers -- a way to find your buddy or the boat in poor visibility.
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

I'd be curious if you or others have had success with this.

I've wondered if any of the cheap hobbyist microprocessors on the market would be able to accurately time an ultrasonic ping response to a pair of matched devices on a boat or shore. Two distances to known points and you could estimate a position maybe? Or are there some weird complexities involved that arn't immediately obvious?
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Cmjstealth wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:21 pm I've wondered if any of the cheap hobbyist microprocessors on the market would be able to accurately time an ultrasonic ping response to a pair of matched devices on a boat or shore. Two distances to known points and you could estimate a position maybe? Or are there some weird complexities involved that arn't immediately obvious?
Yup, the math and timing are no problem with a small processor. There's also a couple other ways of calculating distance that might be simpler and more accurate. The issue is ping power and frequency. Direction is, in some ways, both tougher and easier.