Beginner Diver - looking for partners to explore dive sites around the PNW with

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Sousheel
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Beginner Diver - looking for partners to explore dive sites around the PNW with

Post by Sousheel »

Hello! My main purpose on here is to find others who are similar to me learning diving. Ive recently acquired the 151 dives in Washington/bc and would like to explore some of them.

I live in Seattle and I got my open water cert from underwater sports a couple years ago and since then have been slowly accumulating dives in various parts of the world, including Egypt, india, Senegal, and Belize. Ive only done around 10 dives in the PNW, but I want to start doing way more! Especially in the hood canal area and anywhere on Vancouver island. Im getting my advanced cert in October and will soon get drysuit as well. Im a 24 year old dude who grew up in Colorado Springs with Indian heritage who also likes to play bass, ski, and read comic books.

Too much talk about me, would love to meet people starting out in their dive journey or anyone willing to have a mid 20 year old wreak havoc on their boat :) please let me know about you!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Beginner Diver - looking for partners to explore dive sites around the PNW with

Post by Tangfish »

Hello Sousheel, and welcome to the board!

Sounds like you’ve had some great dive travels already, that’s great.

As far as PNW diving, a lot of it is done from shore. There are weekly dives happening both south and north of Seattle. You’ll find more info in the Dive Planning section of the site.

This is a good place to start since the weekly regular dive sites are typically places where currents aren’t much of an issue and thus getting ready to get into the water can be on a more relaxed timeline which is recommended as you get acquainted with cold water diving.