Dive shop recommendations to service lots of hear

General banter about diving and why we love it.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Dive shop recommendations to service lots of hear

Post by archisgore »

I'm getting back into it after a 5 year break. So a few questions:
1. What're all the shops filling Trimix around here lately?
2. Who'd be willing to service half a dozen stage regs and primary regs.
3. Breaking down, hydro'ing and putting back together 4 sets of double LP104s and 6 or so single tanks (including stage bottles and such.)
It'll be quite a project.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive shop recommendations to service lots of hear

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome back Archis!

You might find that helium prices have gone up quite a bit since you were last out. Most trimix divers are using rebreathers these days.

Most technical divers tend to dive with 8 diving co in Des Moines these days. I'm sure a few other shops may offer helium though, especially by special order.

For reg repair, I recommend Don from octopus gardens in Port Townsend. You can send your regs to him and he has a faster turnaround than just about anybody else and does a great job!

Hope to see you out there!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
eh.haole
Avid Diver

Post by eh.haole »

I got some trimix blended at Evergreen Dive Service not too long ago, and someone at Underwater Sports said they can do it when asked in advance. I would guess some other shops also have the capabilities.

Which dives do you need trimix for? The last time I went below 40 metres it was pretty dark & silty. I still haven't used any of my 15/55 😆

Lots of rebreathers out there these days, the advantages extend to even normal everyday dives at any depth (flexible nitrox on the fly, silence, longer dives possible on much less gas etc). Maybe don't go GUE, just run the standard configs and get a TDI course
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Thanks. And yeah will probably go CCR in a bit. Want to begin baby diving. Will probably stick to 32% single tank diving for a while.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

archisgore wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:15 pm Want to begin baby diving. Will probably stick to 32% single tank diving for a while.
I feel personally attacked.
:D
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I'm a baby. I love my HP 117 on 32% 🍼🍼💕🍼 🤩🌊🤿🐟🐙🐬 Welcome back Archis 🖖 Happy Diving!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Personally, I haven’t found many dives in greater Puget Sound that demanded the use of Trimix. Plus the typical deco algorithms assign punitive amounts of decompression time whenever Helium is in the mix. That said, if you have an itch that only Helium can scratch, a few shops will let you buy a J-bottle of the stuff and keep it on site to blend your gas.