Used Evolution Rebreather For Sale

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Used Evolution Rebreather For Sale

Post by Gill Envy »

As it turns out I don’t get to keep two rebreathers (we are closing on a new home in a few weeks:-).

It was purchased 4/06 with large grey counter lungs and harness, trimix software, temp stick, HUD…the works! It is gently used and in excellent condition with about 100 hours on it. The only issue I’ve had with it was a leaky ADV which turned out to be a bung “O” ring in the banjo fitting which was replaced with no further issue.

It has recently had it’s first annual head service, with major “O” rings replaced, new batteries, updated with the newest version of the software and electronics, new set of o2 sensors and the first stages have been overhauled. Visuals on o2 and dilluent tanks will be done just prior to sale.

It comes with a few other random goodies:
-Hard travel case
-Cables for PC interface...downloading dive profilles and uploading periodic software update
-extra "O" ring kit
-extra skrims (for the scrubber)
-IP guage
-extra set of batteries

Serial # 07D 5378 09
software update-version 02.01.03

Sale Price: $7,800, including shipping within the US. (or $150 off sale price if sold locally and picked up... I live in Seattle)

let me know if you are interested. I'm happy to show it and talk shop.

george

...because we weren't born with gills!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

mmm ... rebreather ...
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

While they can be home-modified, Drager's are not tech diving rebreathers. Strictly nitrox + recreational depths.

The first 2 need O2 sensors added to be adequate.

Interesting to see someone selling 3 of them? Lots of RB scams out there although this doesn't seem like one.
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

This is an Evolution not a drager. The Evolution is most definitley a full on CCR.

Dave
Dave Mitchell
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

Dmitchell wrote:This is an Evolution not a drager. The Evolution is most definitley a full on CCR.

Dave
Indeed, full on eCCR. thanks for the clarification! the drager is being discontinued, is selling super cheap and is an option for those who have the stomach for home modification, a fine options for the right kind of person.

the Evolution, at the other end of the development curve, is for those who want the state of the art in electronics, an easy to set up kit that keeps a vice grip on PPO2. The temp stick is a wonderful tool to back up ones scrubber calculations. the Vision electronics have a near zero fatality rate associated with both the Vision Inspo version and the Evolution with many thousands in use. Free upgrades in software are easy to download from AP and keep one at the cutting edge of development. I have very much enjoyed diving it and am sad to let it go.
Gill Envy

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

CaptnJack wrote:While they can be home-modified, Drager's are not tech diving rebreathers. Strictly nitrox + recreational depths.

The first 2 need O2 sensors added to be adequate.

Interesting to see someone selling 3 of them? Lots of RB scams out there although this doesn't seem like one.
Whoops wrong thread - didn't this have a craig's list link in it before??? Or I am just delerious
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

You're having helium withdrawls. :vom:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

narked I guess #-o
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

CaptnJack wrote:narked I guess #-o
i thought that said "naked" ... which seemed like a strange thing to say. i so wish i could afford a rebreather (and rebreather training)!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
scubagrunt
Avid Diver

Post by scubagrunt »

thelawgoddess wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:narked I guess #-o
i thought that said "naked" ... which seemed like a strange thing to say. i so wish i could afford a rebreather (and rebreather training)!
come on join us, the force is strong!!! :bootyshake:
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

this unit has been sold.
Gill Envy