Sunday afternoon dives with a DM/high school teacher

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
erikarae8888
Getting To Know Folks

Sunday afternoon dives with a DM/high school teacher

Post by erikarae8888 »

Hello.....

I'm looking for someone who wants to hook up every once in a while for sunday dives at alki around 4pm (I play the japanese drum and have practice every sunday til 3:30.... so 4pm is best for me.....)

I love to just hang out at and have a look around! I starting diving in 2002 and got my dive master a year ago..... i also work part time at underwater sports...... and spend the rest of my waking hours working. so sundays are good for me!! also, sometimes i have mondays off.... and can dive mid week during school breaks.... (i'm a teacher).

I'm good company! let's dive!
cheers,
erika

(erika.ahlstrom@gmail.com)
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Hey Erika-

Good to see you made it over here, this is a good spot. Watch out for Calvin, however . . .

We WILL dive when our schedules mesh, I promise. In the meantime, to everyone else, Erika is a solid diver and a ton of fun-hopefully she can find some regular dive buddies here.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to NWDiveClub Erika! I think you'll like it here.

Are you in the North end or South end? There are groups of divers diving regularly at Alki, the Muk, and Three Tree and South.

Good Luck!

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hi, Erica! Well, an endorsement from Steading is basically the NWDC's equivilant of "the kiss of death," but this is a pretty forgiving crowd, and hopefully, they'll be able to see past that.....eventually. :bootyshake: Anyway, welcome to the site, and PM me if you want me to nuke this post so you can start over!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Fruit and Nut" bowl Erika. I am sure you will be able to find plenty of divers.
Charles
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Welcome to our little P O D (Pool of Dive buddies)
You should find lots of folk to dive with here
I hear a rumor that these folks are not right, unless you submerse them in salt water

if this sounds like your kind of people then your going to fit right in

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

Welcome, Erika!

also a schoolteacher...

jackie
j3rmzh
Just Settling In

well

Post by j3rmzh »

I emailed you also, it's not Alki but me and some friends are diving Edmonds Underwater Park around 4 (ish) tomorrow, feel free to e-mail me if you wanted to meet up.

We're all diving aluminum 80's though... and we're relatively new, but your more then welcome!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

sparky wrote:I hear a rumor that these folks are not right, unless you submerse them in salt water
:laughing3: :laughing3: Nice!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome to the club. You will find no shortage of willing dive buddies here. I have met a large number of folks from NWDC already and I can't wait to meet more. These are all folks who don't just sit here and talk about diving. They DIVE! So with a little advanced notice, most folks here are willing to dive just about anywhere, anytime, for any reason. My number is in my profile, and I invite just about everyone to feel free to call me if you're looking for a buddy. I work until 2pm most of the week, and am off Fri. and Sat.
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

bummer, just saw this thread. would loved to have dove cove 2 at 4. Another Sunday in the future.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

[quote="Pez7378"] These are all folks who don't just sit here and talk about diving. They DIVE! quote]

I just talk about diving..... that is half the fun! You guys live to far away! BOOOOOO
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nailer99 wrote:Hi, Erica! Well, an endorsement from Steading is basically the NWDC's equivilant of "the kiss of death," but this is a pretty forgiving crowd, and hopefully, they'll be able to see past that.....eventually. :bootyshake: Anyway, welcome to the site, and PM me if you want me to nuke this post so you can start over!
#-o

I hate you. :axe:

I didn't bother picking on you-note the barb was aimed at Calvin, what up with no love? :bootyshake:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

dsteding wrote:

I didn't bother picking on you-note the barb was aimed at Calvin, what up with no love? :bootyshake:

? But......That IS "the love!" Don't tell me you come from one of those so called "normal" families, where everyone said what they meant, and were all in touch with their feelings and junk! Everyone knows that negative attention is waaaay better than NO attention, don't they?

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

J/K, btw.
Last edited by Penopolypants on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

At least I get to be Spock........

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Penopolypants wrote:Image

J/K, btw.
=D>

But, sheesh, is there an "a" anywhere in my name?

Funny stuff.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nailer99 wrote:
dsteding wrote:

? But......That IS "the love!" Don't tell me you come from one of those so called "normal" families, where everyone said what they meant, and were all in touch with their feelings and junk! Everyone knows that negative attention is waaaay better than NO attention, don't they?
If you hug me the next time I see you at Cove 2, I'm gonna kick you in the . . .

BTW, Matt at NWSD LOVES hugs.

Erika, sorry to hijack your thread.

EVERYONE-go dive with Erika.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fixed. Sorry Doug. :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Penopolypants wrote:Fixed. Sorry Doug. :)
No worries.

You are quick.

Now, will someone go diving with Erika at 4 pm on Sundays?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

dsteding wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:Fixed. Sorry Doug. :)
No worries.

You are quick.

Now, will someone go diving with Erika at 4 pm on Sundays?
I'd be happy to ... but not this Sunday, since we'll be in the San Juan Islands ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

sparky wrote: I hear a rumor that these folks are not right, unless you submerse them in salt water

Sparky
HA! :laughing3: \:D/
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Hi Erika. Welcome to the club