Still want a Geezer Gas sticker?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Still want a Geezer Gas sticker?

Post by spatman »

on a different thread, some folks mentioned that they would be interested in a Geezer Gas sticker.

well, it looks like we can use cafepress.com to make them. they'd be bumper sticker sized and cost $2.99 each + $1 to ship.

should i set it up? and if so, should there be any edits to Pez' text, or other additions?

UPDATE: ORDERING INFO

here's the link:

http://www.cafepress.com/geezergas.186844337

looks like it takes a couple weeks for them to get the stickers to you. order soon if it's going to be a christmas present...
Last edited by spatman on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

I'd take a few!!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

me too, just post the link here so we can order :)
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I would take some too, but maybe we could add something to the effect that geezer gas "may contain mixes other than air" so it can squeak by as a nitrox sticker too.

-Valerie
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

As Valerie pointed out, they'd need to have a disclaimer to the effect ...

"May contain mixes other than air"

Like the VooDoo Gas stickers have ...

If that's done, I'd buy some ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I am with Bob, I will take four. How long would they be?
Charles
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:I would take some too, but maybe we could add something to the effect that geezer gas "may contain mixes other than air" so it can squeak by as a nitrox sticker too.
i added the warning and updated the image above. if you can't see the change, you may have to empty your browser's cache and refresh the page.

Aquanautchuck wrote:How long would they be?
the sticker itself? or delivery time?

the sticker is the normal 3"x10" bumper sticker size. delivery time... i have no idea...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ordering info added to the original post. enjoy!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

AWESOME! Thanks!

-Valerie
(just ordered mine)
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

It would go well with your OFDA card:

Old Fart Divers Association

I ordered 2 stickers. This will be fun when my regular tank filler/good friend/fellow geezer sees it.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Are these stickers the kind that would hold up reasonably well on your tank? Not intending to insult or micro-manage, just curious. Definitely will order a couple.

Also - should "See Contents label for current mix & mod" be added to the bottom of the sticker, like the Voodoo Gas stickers???
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

Tom Nic wrote:Are these stickers the kind that would hold up reasonably well on your tank? Not intending to insult or micro-manage, just curious. Definitely will order a couple.
Per the order site:
Printed on 4mil vinyl using water and UV resistant inks - means no fading in the sun or bleeding in the rain.
That's about as durable as you can get for a sticker. Even then, at $3 each, I'm not too concerned about it.
Tom Nic wrote:Also - should "See Contents label for current mix & mod" be added to the bottom of the sticker, like the Voodoo Gas stickers???
It's only a "gag" sticker, do we really need to get that fussy?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Not bein' fussy! Honest! Just an honest question. I'll order some either way... no biggy, just a thought.

The Voodoo gas stickers are "gag" stickers as well, but they serve a purpose. It would be cool for these to do the same, and I think they will.

And thanks Sea of Green for checking the site for an answer about the material the stickers are printed on. Should have done that myself... :toimonster:

Thanks Matt for putting this together! Say, when are you coming up for some dives with your new drysuit?!
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:Thanks Matt for putting this together! Say, when are you coming up for some dives with your new drysuit?!
my pleasure, tom! i hope everyone enjoys them. i'd get one, but i'm not a geezer yet! :rr:

i'll be donning the new suit sometime in the next couple of weeks. i'm recovering from what might be a reaction to a jellyfish sting, so no diving for a little while. :-({|= i should be better in a week or so. i'll keep you posted.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

spatman wrote: a jellyfish sting
What the heck? In Florida? This sounds like a story to be told!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:
spatman wrote: a jellyfish sting
What the heck? In Florida? This sounds like a story to be told!
actually, it's not really much of a story, sorry to say.

last saturday, i went out on a couple charters off of key largo. 4 fun dives, didn't notice any jellyfish (well, one moon jelly) nor did i feel any stings.

two days later i was out on another charter in key west. while i was suiting up, i noticed a small blemish on my left thigh, a little itchy red blotch the size of a quarter.

over the next couple of days, it grew in size and formed another blotch nearby. it looked and felt like a rash, yet cortizone and benadryl ointments did nothing except curb the itch for a short period of time.

after traveling home all day wednesday, the intial blotch had begun to throb a bit and took on a bruised appearance under the rash. that made me pretty sure that whatever it was, it was infected, and that i needed antibiotics.

so off to the doc i went and answered her questions. she feels that a jellyfish sting is the most likely culprit. i'm not a 100% sold on it, since i never felt an initial sting while diving. but whatever caused it, i hope these antibiotics work, because it still aches and itches like heck.

sorry there's no tale of battling a man-o-war or other such daring feat. just a boring travel story about discomfort. poor me. :-({|=
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

spatman wrote: actually, it's not really much of a story, sorry to say.

just a boring travel story about discomfort. poor me. :-({|=
Well, clearly your story needs some help if it's to be told properly.

You were racing out to rescue a beautiful woman who was about to go under for the last time. Her shrieking cries were fading, and you quickly grabbed your mask and fins, swimming furiously toward her. Your adrenalin was racing and you did not even notice the gelatinous creatures that were floating around your lower extremties. You made contact with her just as, exhausted, she slipped beneath the waves. With that incredible strength-from-nowhere you managed to hoist her on board the boat, never even realizing that the damage to your own self had already been done..... (cue dramatic music....)

There, doesn't that sound better? \:D/

-Valerie :salute:
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

WOW! I like Val's version SO much better! You hero you!!

<flutter>

Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:Well, clearly your story needs some help if it's to be told properly.

You were racing out to rescue a beautiful woman who was about to go under for the last time. Her shrieking cries were fading, and you quickly grabbed your mask and fins, swimming furiously toward her. Your adrenalin was racing and you did not even notice the gelatinous creatures that were floating around your lower extremties. You made contact with her just as, exhausted, she slipped beneath the waves. With that incredible strength-from-nowhere you managed to hoist her on board the boat, never even realizing that the damage to your own self had already been done..... (cue dramatic music....)

There, doesn't that sound better? \:D/

-Valerie :salute:
lol. were you on that charter, too? because that's exactly what happened! like i said, another boring travel story. these kinds of things happen all the time...

:rr:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

nwscubamom wrote:WOW! I like Val's version SO much better! You hero you!!

<flutter>

aw, gee, shucks. it was nothing, really.

:)
RDW
Aquaphile

Post by RDW »

Geezer Gas!!??

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Funny stuff, I'll take some. When are they up on Cafe Press?
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

So, what about a sticker for us young 'uns? :bounce:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Seth T. wrote:So, what about a sticker for us young 'uns? :bounce:
what should it say?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

RDW wrote:When are they up on Cafe Press?
they're up. see the original post for ordering info.
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

spatman wrote: what should it say?
Hmm. Let me think about it. I'm open to ideas. :salute:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.