SNOW REPORTS?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

SNOW REPORTS?

Post by Tom Nic »

I woke up in Lakewood to an inch of the white stuff, and about 27 degrees, so it might stay for awhile.

I don't have cable, and it's too peaceful to turn the radio on, so...

Any other snow reports?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

About 2-3" at my place in woodinville when I left at 5:00am, about 2" in Everett.

Hoping it doesn't stick around....
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Snow is coming down like crazy here in Tacoma.
Hoping to get a dive in later today... :)
Kirsten
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I measured the depth of the snow on top of my truck cab at 5:00 AM this morning when I was leaving for work - just a hair under 5 inches.

By the time I reached Shoreline, however, I-5 was completely clear without any snow at all on the roadway.

We live on top of a hill outside of Mill Creek. My daughter just called me from home and it is still snowing. She works in West Seattle, and I'm concerned about her driving in the snow.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I have LOTS of snow in Snoqualmie Ridge! The plows came through last night before the big event started, and they haven't been back since. #-o

Took Mrs. Sounder into work - once we hit Issaquah it was fairly clear but slower than normal driving was helpful. Into Seattle things were fine except for a random sheet of ice on the express lane exit near the bus tunnel entrance... good times watching the bus ride the side rail on that one.

Back home now, it's still snowing and I have class in Seattle tonight... should be interesting getting home as there is more snow predicted this evening.

Hey Tom - what's the snow report for Bonaire?! \:D/ :bounce:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Sounder wrote:I have LOTS of snow in Snoqualmie Ridge!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, keep me posted! I work in the schools in Snoqualmie but live in Auburn/Fed Way. It can be a completely different world out there compared to home.

I am so happy that I have the day off (schools are closed). And, I won't lie--I'd take another one tomorrow...or a 2 hour delay!
Jenn
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:Hey Tom - what's the snow report for Bonaire?! \:D/ :bounce:
Hmmm... let me see what I can find...

According to this site current temps are 83.1 f, humidity 74%, and scattered clouds! :bounce: Chance of snow... well unless you stir up the sand on a shore entry, [-X I don't think so!
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

We have three or four inches of squeaky, powdery snow here in Woodinville. It's quit snowing, though.

Our property sure looks pretty with its blanket of white stuff, and the dog thought chasing "balls" that would disintegrate when you bit them was good fun.

I'm just glad I don't have to drive anywhere until I want to :-)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

And speaking of Bonaire (my thread, I can temporarily hijack it!), check out this link for an amazing critter sighting at Bonaire on Jan 14th of this year! Unbefreakin'lievable!

http://www.wannadive.com/nieuws.aspx
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

enchantmentdivi wrote:
Sounder wrote:I have LOTS of snow in Snoqualmie Ridge!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, keep me posted! I work in the schools in Snoqualmie but live in Auburn/Fed Way. It can be a completely different world out there compared to home.

I am so happy that I have the day off (schools are closed). And, I won't lie--I'd take another one tomorrow...or a 2 hour delay!
With 2-4" predicted tonight along with "more in the foothills (i.e. my house!), I bet you'll have tomorrow off too.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom Nic wrote:And speaking of Bonaire (my thread, I can temporarily hijack it!), check out this link for an amazing critter sighting at Bonaire on Jan 14th of this year! Unbefreakin'lievable!

Sweeeet!! 27 days away!! \:D/ :bounce:
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Here in the Columbia Basin we had freezing rain (up to 1/2" thick) followed by 7-8" of snow in the low areas and over 15" in the foothills. Where I grew up in Idaho just outside of Yellowstone this is early-May type weather, but for here in Eastern Washington it's very unusual. It's been 11 years since I saw this much snow here.

-Ben (in Kennewick)
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Sounder wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:And speaking of Bonaire (my thread, I can temporarily hijack it!), check out this link for an amazing critter sighting at Bonaire on Jan 14th of this year! Unbefreakin'lievable!

Jealous! I've got 5 months before my trip...

:crybaby:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sounder wrote:[

29 days to warm water in Cozumel. After the move and the wedding I will need 8 days in the sun to recover.
Charles
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Had about a foot of snow when we left Schweitzer yesterday ... and interesting road conditions pretty much the whole way home.

Looks like quite a few of us are counting the days to someplace tropical(40 days till Indonesia) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Waking up to almost two inches, half moon shining, After enjoying morning coffee, I went with my wife for a stroll on nearby Double Bluff beach. Nobody else there :)
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Jan: that second picture is awesome.

My parents house had 3-4" on the walkway when I left at 6:30 this morning. It's midway between Woodinville and Duvall.
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

eugene oregon: sunday I got 6-7 inches of snow, drove on packed snow/ice monday until 10:30. Last friday, corvallis oregon had an inch of snow and packed ice/snow
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
ppharman
Just Settling In

Snow report

Post by ppharman »

The link below shows a photo of a real snowman.

Warning it is "R" rated. I enjoyed it, and was taken by it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2239/222 ... fb.jpg?v=0

Pat
Will Dive For Food
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

Hey, I took that picture, its on my flickr page
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
RSdancey
Avid Diver

Snow. In Iceland. Who would have believed it?

Post by RSdancey »

We've had snow on the ground, more or less, since the day before XMas. Yesterday the temp hit -10C (that's 12F for those of you in the USA). At one point we were well over 1ft on the ground, but it has reduced to about 2 inches over 2 inches of solid ice.

When I got here, I was told "it rarely snows in Reykjavik". Apparently this year is Rarely.

The forecast for this week is:

Mon: Flurries
Tue: Snow
Wed: Snow
Thur: Rain/Snow Mix

Yay!

RyanD
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

We were really late getting any real snow but we finally have about 18" on the ground.

Last 10 days were Hell, the highs were about 17 degrees F and the lows were as low as -10F.

We're due for more cold and snow this week.

We went snowshoeing this morning and the snow was alot deeper than last Sunday.

Here's a picture of the channel frozen over. The spots you see out there are navigation markers. The water is about 50' out there and yes, that's saltwater ](*,) .

Dave Mitchell