Shhhhhh! the fish are sleeping!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Shhhhhh! the fish are sleeping!

Post by smike »

Too quiet on here today! What is everybody -- working --?

Can't we go back to talking about diving solo or something?

Mike
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Can't talk right now, we're heading out to Allyn to do a dive and see what the place is like. But you're right, it's too quiet here. I only have one thing to say about solo diving: NO!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Stuck at work. Even worse I'm stuck hundreds of miles inland. But still, at around 11:00am I pulled out my phone and looked at the tide and current tables. I do that all the time. "What's it like over there right now..." and I look. It's a program that runs on my phone. Along side the gas mixing program and dive tables program. And the google maps wigget on my iGoogle home page is set to default on central Puget Sound. And I sit here in the desert. This is starting to feel like fanatical obsession.

-Ben
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I was diving . . . just Cove 2, but it was still diving. Viz was pretty decent, and we actually found a few nudibranchs and a broken-backed shrimp. Beats cyberdiving!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, work has been a wee bit demanding, lately. Actually, it's been a lot like having a howler monkey pumped full of crystal meth duct taped to my head. Some weeks are better than others. :axe:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

LCF wrote:I was diving . . . just Cove 2, but it was still diving. Viz was pretty decent, and we actually found a few nudibranchs and a broken-backed shrimp. Beats cyberdiving!
I was watching the google earth satellite photos of Elliot Bay but I couldn't see your bubbles. (sigh)

And my local buddies canceled tomorrows river dive. Pansies. So what if water temp is 35F. What's the big deal. It's got to drop a whole 'nuther 3 degrees before you can call it 'cold'.

-Ben
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Working again... and it still sucks.......
Would rather be diving....

hmmmm I wonder if they would miss me at work if I didn't show up tomorrow.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nailer99 wrote: ...work... has been ....a lot like having a howler monkey pumped full of crystal meth duct taped to my head.
:supz:

And here I thought I was the only one.... :rr:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
airsix wrote:
And my local buddies canceled tomorrows river dive. Pansies. So what if water temp is 35F. What's the big deal. It's got to drop a whole 'nuther 3 degrees before you can call it 'cold'.

-Ben
I know!! Bummer!! I was planning on diving! Now I have to wait two weeks; I know, it's just the Columbia, but it's better than nothing!

Tragic really. Most aren't aware that Punxsutawney Phil is actually a sturgeon and if he doesn't see any diver's tomorrow there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

Hey, sounds like I'll get a chance to meet you in two weeks though.
Later,
Ben
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
airsix wrote: Hey, sounds like I'll get a chance to meet you in two weeks though.
Later,
Ben
My plan is to be there. Are you a member of the Atomic Ducks?[/quote

Yes. I haven't been seen much over the past few years because of a conflict with some volunteer work, but I'm starting to show up more frequently these days.

-Ben]
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I have been stuck high and dry with a sick dry suit
I have to get it in to Dry Doc. ( hey I amde a funny )

There is a few other reasons as well and work has fell off a bit so funds are a bit tight

But i should be back in the water in a few weeks or so

as to Solo Diving
Some times I do depends on how many dives I want to make and where I am diving and the conditions
you can make a safe Solo dive if you plan it right and have a grate time
I grant you it is not from every body though and thats Cool

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him