Bonaire in August

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Bonaire in August

Post by Pinkpadigal »

My husband, his sister, her husband and I go on vacation every year. they live in PA, so it is the only time we get to see them. What started as a family vacation, has evolved into a group dive trip. Our group is about 8-10 so far and a nice mix of singles and couples. It is all recreational divers and we have new people join us every year. Most of us dive all the time, but we do have a few warm water only divers in the group.

Last year we traveled to Roatan, the year before Cozumel. So, based on recommendations, we are heading to Bonaire this August.

The tenative dates are August 4-11, staying at the Sand Dollar Resort. They have a house reef and Free Nitrox.

Package includes round trip air from Seattle, 7 nights in a Studio apartment, breakfast daily, 1 tank boat dive daily, a pickup truck and unlimited shore diving. Tax is also included.

The price is $1899 per person. There is a slight price break for people wanting to share a 2 or 3 bedroom. It is $200 cheaper for non-diver. If you are interested and would like more information, PM me or give me a call. A $200 deposit holds your space.

We will also have a Bonaire night at our store in Mid-march. I will post here the time and date once it is set.

Thanks,
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I absolutely love Bonaire ... been there three times, and can't wait to go back. It's the sort of place I could visit year in and year out and never get tired of ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Im sitting in San Jaun on my way back home from Bonaire right now. Damn flight is late though. I had an amazing trip and will post a report and photos as soon as I get home and settle in. Bonaire is amazing!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Ken G wrote:Im sitting in San Jaun on my way back home from Bonaire right now. Damn flight is late though. I had an amazing trip and will post a report and photos as soon as I get home and settle in. Bonaire is amazing!
I can't wait to hear your report!!! Please include exposure protection and other technicals too!! \:D/

22 days... \:D/ :bounce:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Sounder wrote: [
It's a shame you're not more excited....

:bootyshake:

-Valerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:
Sounder wrote: [
It's a shame you're not more excited....

:bootyshake:

-Valerie
Very true... I really should express more excitement and anticipation. I'm having trouble posting the count-down clock I have on my computer that breaks it down to the second.

I've already got lists of what I need to take with me, plans for packing, plans for airplane reading (about Bonaire diving of course!), Skype loaded on the computer so I can check in with Mrs. Sounder, etc., etc., etc.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!