Expensive Vacation?

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Expensive Vacation?

Post by Pez7378 »

Tech Diving Limited is proud to offer you an outstanding rebreather training program with legendary diver and trainer Capt. Dan Crowell. Join us for a week of training at TDL headquarters and learn rebreather diving using the Inspiration Series or KISS Series rebreathers.

Dan Crowell is the former skipper of the legendary, "SEEKER" dive boat and a pioneer of the early days of technical diving in the northeast. Dan has used and dived just about every type of dive equipment imaginable, ranging from a double hose regulator fitted to a single 72 to the most advanced modern day closed circuit mixed gas rebreathers as well as commercial hard hat rigs. He has spent thousands of hours underwater performing commercial work, shooting video for broadcast TV, instructional dives, and just having fun. He is one of only a handful of instructors that can draw from such a vast and unique experience base to pass along to his students. Dan's experience with rebreathers outweighs most any other instructor in the world. If you're looking for the best training, go with experience.

DATE: July 7-12, 2008
FACILITY TDL Headquarters
MORE: Enter more info here
Register Now

Your training will be applicable to your unit of choice.

Inspiration Classic with or without Vision Electronics
Evolution with Vision Electronics
KISS Classic
KISS Sport

Course Fee: $2000 includes: All instruction fees, class room materials, all pool & o/w dives, TDI Certification for Air Diluent CCR, boat fees, gas fills, and sodasorb. This fee is based upon you owning your own unit or renting a unit from us. If you purchase a new unit from TDL before the course you can Save $500 on your course fee.

REGISTER HERE

If you have ever wanted to learn how to use a rebreather this is the course for you. Tech Diving Limited and Dan Crowell together will provide you with an un-matched learning and educational experience. This course is limited to six participants. Sign up early and let's get your equipment ordered.

We look forward to you joining us.

Sincerely,

Tim Barlow, Rebreather Division Manager
Tech Diving Limited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

email: tim.barlow@techdivinglimited.com
phone: 928-855-9400
web: http://www.techdivinglimited.com
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Expensive Vacation?

Post by Joshua Smith »

Not that bad, really......CCR mod1 (air dilluent- CCR diver version of an OW cert) runs about 1500$ average. There's a certain "prestige" factor involved with getting trained by Crowell at Silverstein's facility, for sure, and that's where the additional 500 bones comes in. Plus, that includes boat fees, which I didn't have in my class, as it was all shore dives. And....if you purchase the unit through TDL, so they can make a commision, the fee is.......1500$. I bet you could do worse, but there's a lot of good CCR instructors out there in the world, too.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

didnt mel clark give dan crowell his cert to teach ccr anyway??

LOCALS RULE!
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, him and Silverstein, actually.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Well sometimes, when you find an instructor that you like, find the instructor that instructed them, and go with them. Just be careful, often times it is the student that ends up teaching the teacher in the end.
burntchef wrote:LOCALS RULE!
How lucky are we, to have world class instructors and enthusiastic......no, HARD CORE divers right here in our own backyard?