Hydro question

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Hydro question

Post by sparky »

I have a couple tanks that are more then a couple years out of hydro ( 2 or 3 years out )
does any one know is there a limet to how far out a tank can be befor they will not est them
I was thinking it was five years out butI dont know where I came up with that number
I just remember I heard or read it some time ago

thanks
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Hydro question

Post by LCF »

I don't think there's any limit. We brought some steel 72s over from Peter's dad's place in Maui that were about 20 years out of hydro, and they tested them, and a couple of them even passed!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

there is no limit. Hydros can be done any time no matter how old the tank. it either passes or it failes.
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

well that takes a load off my mind
thanks
wonder where I got that 5 year thing from
Note to self :
never take dive advice froom that scorce again

Thanks guys
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Sparky,

Hydro test certs only last 5 years. Every 5 years you need to have them tested. That may be where you got the 5-year thing. Your tanks should have a stamp on them from the last hydro test they had. They should be visually tested once a year.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

While there are some differences/exceptions for other gas cylinder types, basically every type of tank used in scuba service will need a hydro every 5 years.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.