Phuket Trip Report and Pictures, Day 3

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Huskychemist
Dive-aholic

Phuket Trip Report and Pictures, Day 3

Post by Huskychemist »

I finished my Day 3 trip report with pictures, which can be found here.

And as usual, for those of you that don't want to navigate to another website and look through LOTS of pictures, here are the highlights:

An attempt at "artistic" photography, with a view of a coral formation.

Bubble Coral, Plerogyra sinuosa. I've already shown lots of pictures of this stuff. I happen to think it's one of the coolest corals I've ever seen. This formation just seemed different, with the yellowish coloration. Not sure if that's the stony coral underneath the bubbles... I've got two more close-ups on this on the trip report page.

Giant Moray Eel, Gymnothorax javanicus

A view of the reef, with beautiful fan and whip corals.

A Titan Triggerfish, Balistroides viridescens that was swimming towards me. They are reportedly very aggressive, so this got my blood pressure up just a bit. But all was well when the fish just kept swimming past and away from me.

More fan corals. I can never seem to get the "perfect" picture of the big fans, but I think they're beautiful.

A lionfish. Unsure of the species.

A Crown-Of-Thorns seastar, Acanthaster planci

Guineafowl Puffer, Arothron meleagris. The picture just doesn't do this fish justice. It's very beautiful.

Ringed Chromodoris, Chromodoris annulata. Another beautiful nudibranch from Koh Dok Mai. This site had the most nudies of all the sites I dove on this trip. It was fantastic.

Beautiful Risbecia, Risbecia pulchella. Yes, I think it's beautiful. But "Beautiful Risbecia" is one of its common names.

I have tentatively identified this as Phyllidiopsis annae by using the Sea Slug Forum. Look closely, it seems to have two hitchhikers. I've got a close-up on the visitors on the trip report page.

A pair of White-eye Moray Eels, Siderea thysoidea

I've only got one more day to finish...well, for this trip. Tomorrow I'm heading out for a day of "normal" diving here in the Gulf of Thailand.
Happy Diving!

Lowell, aka Huskychemist

http://scuba.huskychemist.org
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: Phuket Trip Report and Pictures, Day 3

Post by airsix »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :supz:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Beautiful pictures! :supz:
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Fantastic Pictures! =D> =D> =D> Thank's for posting them! =D> =D> :notworthy:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: