Sunday Aug 6 Dive plan

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Sunday Aug 6 Dive plan

Post by sparky »

Well I havent been in the water sence we had our BBQ on the hood canal

So I decided I am diving Sunday no mater what.

I think I am going to hitone of the local Dive sites here on the Oregon Coast Neatarts Boat Ramp.

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=199

this is a shallow dive max depth is only 35 feet but it is a grate dive
lots of Juvanial critters to enjoy .

any one want to join in?
I figured sence I made the drive up to see you guys and dive maybe some one might want to return the favor and join me on a grate dive.

as it stands right now I will be diving this site solo but thats no bigdeal I have loged a few dives here solo already

I will have to post a dive report here after my dives on sunday

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Sorry Sparkster, I'll be doing a refresher for my brother who was certified 10 years ago and hasn't dived since! :book:
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

that is tempting, especially since it is only 35 ft, but i wouldn't be able to make it this weekend. too much to do in town. definitely post a report!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
jlehigh
Frequent Bubbler

Seaside! Cool...

Post by jlehigh »

Hey Sparky,

I can't join you but I see you are from Seaside!? I have family in the Cove that I visit regularly. My wife and I are new Open Water divers and I'm hoping you can make some recommendations for good/easy local dives.

Sorry if this was a deviation..
sparky
I've Got Gills

Re: Seaside! Cool...

Post by sparky »

jlehigh wrote:Hey Sparky,

I can't join you but I see you are from Seaside!? I have family in the Cove that I visit regularly. My wife and I are new Open Water divers and I'm hoping you can make some recommendations for good/easy local dives.

Sorry if this was a deviation..
hey Next time you come viset your familey bring your gear and ill show you a couple grate spots with in about a hours drive of here.

give me a call you can shoot me a PM or you can find my home phone # in the thread link below.

check it out here

contact me next time you plan to be in the area and we can hook up and check out some of the local sites
there only a few that i have done myself but i know there are a lot more just have to drive a little more

and I will post a dive report on sundays dive for you guys

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Hey, Sparky.

You are really an entertaining contributor to this forum and I'd like to dive with you. One dive that I want to get off my list is Clear Lake this summer or fall.

I think we should plan a dive to Hood's Canal to entice you to come up.

Sea ya!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Sasquatch wrote:Hey, Sparky.

You are really an entertaining contributor to this forum and I'd like to dive with you. One dive that I want to get off my list is Clear Lake this summer or fall.

I think we should plan a dive to Hood's Canal to entice you to come up.

Sea ya!
well Thanks Dude.
I could be enticed to diving up north again but from time to time I like to dive in the local sites as well. I know a few guys that dive them on the weekends maybe I can hook up with one or more of them tomorrow

Check you guys later

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Mikey D
Just Settling In

Sorry, I have been gone so long....

Post by Mikey D »

Hey Sparky, Nice to see ya again. :supz:
Sorry I have been gone so long, I suffered 2nd Degree Burns over my entire Body, and have just been released by my Docs to Dive again. It's been a very painful experience, and the worst part of it, not being able to dive.
I spend 2 weeks in stocking bandages, another 2 weeks cloth bathing and another 2 weeks Peeling & Blistering I am diving this weekend No Matter What...
I've been reading the posts, am am looking forward to catching up on the happenings of everyone. I have also moved up to the Everett area, to get closer to my new Job that got me into this burn in the 1st place.. #-o
If you want to dive anytime - ANYONE !! Feel free to give me a call. I am diving Muckilteo tomorrow, hopefully some of you will be there ??
Let me know... my cell # is: 425-463-5677
The World is my Swimming Pool
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Hey sparky, love to go with you but my reg is in the shop waiting to be picked up, and they are closed tomorrow. Still checking on all the info for next weekend. I'll give you a call when I have the scoop. I've been on vacation all week, so I didn't get a chance. I was in Canada of all places. The worst part, without dive gear, oh well.
Later, Doug
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Hey MikeyD:

I did not know you were burnt I was wondering what had become of you .
Oh my God that just sounds like no fun at all

besure yuo keep us posted on your recovery yes?

Doug Doug

I tell you how come is it that every time I plan to dive Netarts you cant make it for some reason

Do you think we did something to piss of the Diving gods?

let me know what the dive plan is for next weekend not sure yet but I think I am going to have it off

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Mikey D
Just Settling In

My Status

Post by Mikey D »

Sparky,
Yea I am OK now... It's just been a very BORRING 3 months. Between moving up to the Everett area, and of course my simulation of an Olympic Tourch :violent3: I have not quite been enjoying life as you can imagine. Anyway, that's all gone, I have hardly Any SCARES ( thank god ) and I can get back into the water, which I will be doing every weeekend untill I get tired of going to the same places over and over, which will not be anytime in the near future.. I'm just Happy :bounce: to be back into the Water and doing something I LOVE to do again.. \:D/

Talk to you L8tr..
The World is my Swimming Pool
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

SO As promised here is my dive report from Diving Netarts Boat Ramp East Wall.

First off let me tell you guys I have had the pleasure of meeting two verry nice guys that dive but were not diving today for some reason they have never thought of diving at the boat ramp I took the chance while they were asking me the usal barage of questions a diver ask at a dive site,to invite them to log in and join us here at NW Dive Club.

I wish I could rember there names but just in case they may be reading this now it was realy nice meeting you guys give me a call and we can get wet.

Ok back to the Dive Report.

Hit the water at about Noon as this was the best time acordeing to the tides for diving today at this site.

Droped down to the max depth here its shallow only 35 feet
and headed out along the East Wall ( We call it this because it runs east and west ) The boaters were verry nice about allowing me lots of room to get in and out of the water. I even had a boater offer to let me ride up the bay and drop in from his boat and swim back . I thanked him for the offer but had realy wanted to make the swim up and back under water

first dive I had about 58 minutes at 35 feet and sen so many Nudie that i lost count every thing from big adults about 8 or 10 inches long to little tiny ones so small I will be suprised if they even show up on the pictures I took

there was a hand full of Kelp Grenling hanging about and darting allover the place.

You know it was actuly nice to dive solo for a change
not that i mind diving with a budy but it was real nice just me in the water not worrying about how much air my budy has compared to mine or if I could still see him or not

I love diving with my dive Budy Jay is the best dive budy in the world but I had so much fun today just hanging out I even spent about ten minutes just watching a couple Sea Stars eat a crab.

Second dive I turnded around a little before I had planded as the tide was heading out and kicking against it was makeing me use my air to fast. I did not feel like I was kicking alll that hard but when I reached what was the half way part of my first dive on my second dive I was already down to 2000 on my air so I decided to turn around and just drift back slowly
all in all it was a grate day

I even think I found a new type of Sea Cuqumber
there was the usal California Sea Cuqumber and one I had not seen before im sure you all know what a Califorina Sea Cuqmber looks like right?

well for lackof a better way to say it the other one is what i think looks like a Leopard Sea Cuquember kind of a brownish with bronish red spots kind of cool actuly

I also learnde some thing kind of cool about the Lemon Nudie

I found one About 9 inches long but this one had these little white filter like deals comeing out of it on the top near one end
as I got close to it they disapeared in to a hole in the top of the Lemon Nudie and the hole slowly closed Try as i may I could not find any trace of the hole once it closed Is this how they feed? Does Any one Know?
JANNA HELP
Have you ever seen this or the strnge Sea Cuqumber I am talking about ?

Well hope you guys come down soon to check out my little swimming hole I think youll like it

Sparky

A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Check this out.
http://www.seaotter.com/marine/research ... a.jpg.html

It might answer your question.
Doug