Astoria Oregon Area

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Astoria Oregon Area

Post by FlyinV »

I lost an expensive fin in a shallow/narrow 10 foot deep lake behind my grandmothers house.
My wife is already commenting on how in the world I could spend so much on gear .... now this
:violent1: Thats my wife with the hammer incase your wondering :)

You can read the whole story here -- http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/new-di ... ost3749766

I think I will go down Tuesday (I live in Portland) and try to find it in this murky lake.
If anyone is for hire and lives in the Astoria/Seaside/Warrenton area :) - I could pay for your air and time if you would like to be my buddy in this very unexciting adventure.

It really shouldn't be hard as the lake is small, no current and I know exactly where it came off.
The main problem is almost no visibility - but it is an old man made lake so there is not a huge amount of plants.
Some yes but not like a wild lake.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Astoria Oregon Area

Post by spatman »

it's definitely a bummer to lose gear like that. i'd offer to go with you top look, but i'm a m-f/9-5 guy these days. good luck with finding it.

the advice over on scubaboard to get spring straps (if possible) is solid. if they're sized properly, you don't have to worry about too loose or too tight.

let us know what happens with your fin.