3 Tree N.

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
gcbryan
Submariner

3 Tree N.

Post by gcbryan »

We did a night dive Friday at 3 Tree N. I hadn't been there in a while and it turned out to be quite a nice dive. Nothing too special but lot's of life.

At the beginning an Opalescent Squid was attracted by the light and stayed in the beam as it moved. It's eggs were nearby as well. Then we saw the first of many Sailfin Sculpin and Ratfish. Toward the end of the dive we were surrounded by at least 20 Ratfish. There were quite a few Plainfin Midshipmen with some of them on the bottom but many were hovering a foot above the bottom just waiting for their next meal.

I saw a very small Octo no bigger than the end of my little finger. Add in Tubesnouts, a Sturgeon Poacher, Nudibranch eggs and all in all it was a very enjoyable and active night at 3 Tree N.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: 3 Tree N.

Post by LCF »

I haven't been down to Three Tree in quite a while. I ought to make an effort to get there. I've had some very nice dives there in the past.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

LCF wrote:I haven't been down to Three Tree in quite a while. I ought to make an effort to get there. I've had some very nice dives there in the past.
There is definitely more life out there at night. Email me if you need a buddy!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I think Tom nic and I found that same school of Ratfish on Friday there was at least twenty, that I counted!
Yes, Three Tree is full of life right now! I need to get another night dive in there soon! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

There were Ratfish everywhere, as there typically is a TTN, at least in the Summer. What was unusual about this was the aggregation. They were feeding on something, there was some kind of growth on the kelp that I couldn't quite identify, and combined with the huge amount of schmutz in the water (crappy for viz, great for life) it was a rich feeding environment for them. We drifted in the middle of them taking pics and staying away from spines.

And dude, Keith, what's with the avatar? #-o Am I missing something?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Tom Nic wrote:
And dude, Keith, what's with the avatar? #-o Am I missing something?
Just a Random thought. It would make a cool T-shirt!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Bassman and I did a dive at 3Tn tonight. Viz was 15-20 fsw at depth and 5-10 fsw in the shallows.
Attachments
CIMG0963.JPG
CIMG0965.JPG
CIMG0967.JPG
CIMG0977.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

It was cool to see the Sqid! We actually saw two on that dive!
That was a first for both of us.
Diverbob and Mrs. Diverbob joined us for the first dive and they got too see the Sqid too!

Great pictures Ron! :supz:
neoerik
Avid Diver

Post by neoerik »

Be sure to check out the almost white octo under the golf ball boat!

Great dive again today - tons of rattys and white lined dironas. Vis was great - could see the surface from 20'!