New diving-related medical condition!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

New diving-related medical condition!

Post by scottsax »

I'd like to start by stating that I'm not a doctor, but I do enjoy playing doctor as often as possible. :evil4:

Those of you who've been trapped in a car with me, or have witnessed my, shall we say, unusual behavior on surface intervals, will be pleased to know that I've actually received a diagnosis-Nitrogen Psychosis!

Nitrogen Psychosis is unpredictable behavior that is caused by higher-than-normal residual partial pressures of Nitrogen acting on the soft tissues in the brain. Similar in function to "'roid rage," but without the aggressive tendencies. Also referred to as "the twistys," NP can be treated by repeat dives to the point of exhaustion, or complete abstinence from diving. Sometimes, solid food can mitigate some of the more obnoxious symptoms, which include ceaselessly quoting Monty Python, impersonating a variety of cartoon characters, and sudden outbursts of TV show theme songs (although the test subject in the study also suffered from what can only be termed "Musical Tourette's Syndrome.") In a worst-case outbreak, sedate subject with grain alcohol, and force them to wash your dive gear.

OK, so this isn't a real medical condition, but come dive with me and find out that I'm not even close to joking around about this!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: New diving-related medical condition!

Post by Sounder »

scottsax wrote:I'd like to start by stating that I'm not a doctor, but I do enjoy playing doctor as often as possible.
Priceless. Creepy, but priceless. :rr:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
AB219
Aquaphile

Re: New diving-related medical condition!

Post by AB219 »

scottsax wrote:I'd like to start by stating that I'm not a doctor, but I do enjoy playing doctor as often as possible. :evil4:

Those of you who've been trapped in a car with me, or have witnessed my, shall we say, unusual behavior on surface intervals, will be pleased to know that I've actually received a diagnosis-Nitrogen Psychosis!

OK, so this isn't a real medical condition, but come dive with me and find out that I'm not even close to joking around about this!

Well.... we use to call that S.I.D.S

Scuba Induced Dive Syndrome :)
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."