Worst Vis EVER 11/13

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Worst Vis EVER 11/13

Post by H20doctor »

M e and nwbrewer made the mistake of diving today at the Muk, with the rivers flooding and all the silt and trees and branches and cars floating away into the sound it was terrible.... this was the worst i have ever dove in and i mean it was bad.... complete silt out, the water was all brown, and even at 50 feet it was muk... take a look at the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZ3ZbbI-Kc
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Worst Vis EVER 11/13

Post by BASSMAN »

Great Video Chris!
But you have to put in some close captions for all of that chatter. :supz:
Yeah you are are right about nwbrewer, he has the same gloves as me.

BTW, the vis at Redondo was about 8 feet too! It was a little better on our second dive at 70 fsw but how long can anyone stay down at 70 fsw on a second dive on regular tire air.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

BASSMAN wrote: Yeah you are are right about nwbrewer, he has the same gloves as me.

Can't beat $6 at harbor freight. That was dive #2 with them, so far I like them better then the smurf gloves, though I think I need to cut them down a little to get rid of the awesome orange stripe. :supz: What do you use for an insulating layer?

That video makes the vis look better than it was. When we got to 8', I could touch Doc, but I couldn't see his light. FWIW that's actually not the worst vis I've ever had at mukilteo, but it was close.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Bassman, what time did you go in for the second dive? We went in about 3 - you saw us and saw me schlep my tank back up to change a faulty O-ring - and we had about 15 for viz, not bad considering. I wonder how much the tide had to do with it, because down around 70 feet we reached the end of our NDL and as we came back up, around 45 feet we hit a fairly strong down-flowing current that gave us a bit of a surprise, and it was pushing lots of gunk with it. Still, we had a good dive once I made sure my air would stay in my tank and only come out through my reg. I thought the viz was about typical for Redondo most of the times we've been there.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Ok so here is what I am saying underwater... The first fun underwater saying in the movie is " Wazzzzzzzz UP !! ". Then during the safty stop I say to nwbrewer " this is so much fun. ! " And then the last bit of noise is just me being the goofball that I am.. Now I am teaching a 4 week class on underwater Reg. Verbal communication.. The class cost 400.00 which you can pay to the king of nigeria who needs your social security number and your bank account number..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

That's funny! Last week-end I did a Lobster Shop Wall dive with Nailer, and I learned something about the dude ... he TALKS when he dives! I swear to god, he musta been telling himself jokes or something because I kept hearing him LAUGHING!

Another thing I learned ... someone talking into a rebreather loop is a lot more understandable than someone talking into a regulator. I could ALMOST make out what he was talking about ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Try understanding somebody through a reg, 7mm hood, with the ferry drumming in the background. I had no idea what he was saying, and on this dive sign language was pretty much out.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Here's my video from the same dive. Yuck.

Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

H20doctor wrote:M e and nwbrewer made the mistake of diving today at the Muk, with the rivers flooding and all the silt and trees and branches and cars floating away into the sound it was terrible.... this was the worst i have ever dove in and i mean it was bad.... complete silt out, the water was all brown, and even at 50 feet it was muk... take a look at the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZ3ZbbI-Kc
Uh, yeah thats not river flood, thats sewage! :vom:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Thanks.... :vom: