mukilteo t-dock - THU, 08/31 ... 6/6:30-ish

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

mukilteo t-dock - THU, 08/31 ... 6/6:30-ish

Post by thelawgoddess »

me and my boyfriend and maybe our friend scott are planning to dive the mukilteo t-dock tonight ... and hopefully get lots and lots of crabs. (the eatin' kind.) two of us have never dove for crab (and i've never hunted period) so it should be fun ... or at least interesting. \:D/

i think my buddies are shooting for 6/6:30 ... sooner if they can manage, but i wouldn't hold my breath!

find us if you're coming out and want/need a dive/hunt bud ...
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Have a great time - those little f-ers are fast! :axe: Watch out driving home - that's where I got hit after I went crabbing. ](*,) 20yo idiots are on their phones driving too fast and changing the CD on that road who will keep you out of diving for months if they hit you (I'm still very bitter :-({|= ). :angryfire:

I learned from two crab ninjas :smt027 :smt027 (Grateful Diver and another diver) that you use a lot less air if you stay high in the water and drop down on the crab :violent1: instead of staying low to the bottom and swimming at them... it's so much easier when I'm not at a dead sprint underwater!!! Also, if they grab/pinch you it's better to just let them hang free until they release than to try to pull them off... learned that the hard way too.

Have a great time and enjoy those crabs!!! \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
jeff98208
Aquanaut

diving

Post by jeff98208 »

i regret the fact that my reg is in for their annual thingy! so i am unable to go tonight. :angryfire: but i should be able to go next thursday.
later.

good day!
jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

vis was not good. probably didn't help that we got a very late start and basically did a night dive. i found that a bit scary to say the least. anyway, we chased lots of crabs and caught a few, but only one dungy was big enough (and/or hard-shelled enough) to keep. our friends got a bunch, but i think theirs were mostly rock crabs. they said they saw a BIG octo hiding over by the oil dock but were unable to coax it out of its hole. mark and i tried steel tanks for once - me with an 80 and him with a 100. he still ended up with less air than me, but that matchup is a lot closer than what usually happens. we had a dive time of 58 minutes - our longest ever. i was cold, but not nearly as cold as i would have been if i was diving wet. we did see lots of crabs (all different kinds) and a ton of shrimp, lots of sculpins, and assorted other things. i don't know if it's just where we were diving or if they like the dark better, but it seemed like we saw more fish than i usually see. maybe also because we swam all over the place and were scanning like crazy with our lights and that highlighted anything that moved more so than it would in the daylight. in any case, it was a good dive despite the lack of vis and keep-able crabs. =D> (well, except for the part where i couldn't get my camera to turn on to take a picture ... and sadly realized there was water in the housing. :crybaby:)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets