New diver...this weekend?

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

New diver...this weekend?

Post by sunnydude »

I obtained my certification in September and haven't been in the water since! :angryfire: Been waiting on my certification buddy, friend, boating mate to get his act together but tired of waiting. I have a garage full of gear (overstatement a little) but I do have enough to get wet with only renting weights and an additional tank if needed.

Wife is tired of me complaining about not getting back into the water.

My experience is at the T-dock in Mukilteo. I am in Lynnwood so north end would be good.
Sean
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: New diver...this weekend?

Post by Pez7378 »

How about Sunday before noon at Mukilteo?
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

If my cold clears up I may be down for this one too!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sounds good. I hope you can make it.
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Typical of my calendar...sunday morning is the only time I can't go. My daughter is in the xmas play at church. Any other time or sunday after 1pm would work for me.
Sean
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sunnydude, we can certainly plan a later dive if you need to. The closer to noon either way would be best but It's generally manageable current wise. Either way works for me. It sounds like Norris has a little bug so I'm guessing he's playin' it by ear.

No worries you guys. Let me know if you all want to meet for a dive, or not. :supz:
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hey Sean,

We (wife & 13yr old) are wanting to go diving this sunday. We are pretty easy going about where. I thought diving EUP would be pretty cool.. I have been hearing about all those HUGE lings down there. We are good for whatever time you and whomever else wants to go and where.........

Feel free to give me a call.... 208-284-9976
If you dont get me, call back in a few... It is a company phone and the voice mail is always full.....fyi

also, I have lots of extra tanks if you need to borrow one dude,...

Samson
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

How does 1pm splash work for everyone on Sunday? I will need to mess with weights as I am just using what they had me setup for certification as a guide and want to make sure I can get down. :) My number is 206.617.1665 Sean

Oh yeah...Mukilteo or Edmonds makes no difference to me. \:D/
Sean
Samson

Post by Samson »

1 Pm it is!!!!! I have never dove either spot, so we really dont care where ..... Ill let the group decide....

Did I mention that I am now "deep voice,..dramatic music playing......" Scooter power boy!!!

See ya Sunday....
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Edmonds at 1pm?

Samson, I hate to burst your bubble, or maybe it's envy talking but I've always referred to my friends with scooters as

"squeaky voiced, tip toe through the tulips, no kicking noodle leg wimpy little scooter invalids" :smt064

They all know why I won't touch one. :evil4:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Edmonds at 1pm?

Samson, I hate to burst your bubble, or maybe it's envy talking but I've always referred to my friends with scooters as

"squeaky voiced, tip toe through the tulips, no kicking noodle leg wimpy little scooter invalids" :smt064

They all know why I won't touch one. :evil4:
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Edmonds works for me...Pez you get to be the tour guide. :)

Where is the best place to meet? Snowball fight afterwards?
Sean
Samson

Post by Samson »

Sounds great... just let me know where to meet....

No bubble burstin here pez.... Im a fat ole man these days that sucks lots of air.... Anything to increase my bottom time and help fight against the currents is a monster plus for me!!! :bounce:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

My AOW class canceled and I really want to dive. So Sunday sounds good I should be fine by then. So when you say splash at 1:00 does that mean show at 12? Ill be wet as my drysuit doesnt show until Monday. It will help me appreciate it more, he he. Anyone else wet suitin' it?

RIck
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

This will be my first dive in my Bare Arctic wetsuit...so yes I will be wet.

I won't get there until about 12.30 as will be coming from Mukilteo in the morning.

Don't get freaked if there is a group watching us come out of the water as my kids are hoping to convince their mother to bring them down.
Sean
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Sounds like a good time then!!! I'm there, and I'll brining my propane heater for the SI. You guys think that will be ok to use in the parking lot?

Rick
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Ive dove edmonds and its awesome. With the weather being what it is there should be ample parking next to shore. Ill be there early and will most likely be in a green focus with the license plate VIZITOR. Bald dude.

Rick
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Okay you jokers! Here is the skinny, and I'll put it out there in case anyone else is interested in diving with us Sunday:

Sunday 12/14/08 at 1pm (Splash means that's when we "plan" on getting in the water) So yes, Norris 12 or 12:30 arrival is sufficient. (I learned that from Penopolypants. Apparently splash times are different from arrival times :dontknow: )

Brackets Landing is the name of the park (Actually it's the Bruce Higgins Underwater Trails at Bracketts Landing or BHUT). There should be plenty of parking. I drive a light colored Durango and usually park on the left as you enter.

I plan on only doing 1 dive as I'll have to get all my cylinders in for fills before the shop closes.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Norris wrote:Sounds like a good time then!!! I'm there, and I'll brining my propane heater for the SI. You guys think that will be ok to use in the parking lot?

Rick
Depends......
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Pez7378 wrote:
Norris wrote:Sounds like a good time then!!! I'm there, and I'll brining my propane heater for the SI. You guys think that will be ok to use in the parking lot?

Rick
Depends......
I knew you were old and stuff... but depends? Already?
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I'm DMing for a Grateful Diver AOW class tomorrow, and we're diving Sunday as well. We both went out to get propane heaters today - I got a sweet one!! I hope the Sounder-mobile can make it through any snow we might have!! Mrs. Sounder has requested the 4Runner tomorrow!! #-o

A couple notes on the scooter - it doesn't work very well to dive on a scooter with people who are kicking. The scooter is just too much for a kick-diver to keep up with. You'll love it and will find whole new world opened up to you with the scooter. As a caution (not being the scuba police here) - I HIGHLY encourage you to take a class especially with being such a new diver - the scooter will enable you to get into all sorts of trouble your AOW class will not prepare you for. Please feel free to PM me for suggestions or with questions.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

You dive? :dontknow:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:You dive? :dontknow:
I deserved that.

Yes, I DO dive... not even just on the internet either!! In fact, I'll be out at Cove 2 tomorrow for AOW (DMing for Grateful Diver) and Sunday - I'm determined to find the Mythical Monolith... and this time I'm bringing in the heavily (scooter) artillery. If this thing exists, I'm going to find it.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Samson

Post by Samson »

Sounds like its a go! We will see you guys at noon tomorrow. I drive a burgandy dodge PU with an Idaho plate. As I have just got the scooter, it will be left at home to get used to with not so many people around. I think I will also just be doing one dive also however. Anybody got a mapquest directions link to where we are meeting? Im still figuring my way around.......
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Take a look here: http://www.pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#edmonds there is a google map along with the UWP map.
Sean