Road Conditions / Reports?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Road Conditions / Reports?

Post by Tom Nic »

So... how's it goin' out there? Anyone make it in to work? I'm home on my phone, no net, but warm, wondering how things are out there. 18 degrees at my house... be safe out there!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Road Conditions / Reports?

Post by Joshua Smith »

Aside from having to chip a lot of ice off of my windshield, I drove in to work without any drama- the roads in Seattle are all clear, afaik.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I just drove from West Seattle (side streets are slippery but main roads are clean), to the airport (all roads including I-5 perfectly clear) to Capitol Hill (roads are clear, parking on the sides of the roads are still icy).
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I-90 was dry this morning. VERY cold at Snoqualmie Ridge, and we've got a windchill that will tear you to shreds, but it's cozy in the house.

Tom - you out of power? If so, pack up, grab Mrs. Nic and head for our place - we've got a room ready.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Roads are clear out here in the "country". Hwy 2 is clear. Most of the side streets are clear...ish. It would be speed limit driving if people would only do the speed limit.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

The most trecherous parts of my drive was the driveway at my house and the parking lot at work. Roads mainly bare and dry.

On sunday they decided that they should "de-ice" the parking lot at work. So all the snow melted during the day, then froze overnight. I saw 3 people eat it walking accross it to get to the building.
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

I-5 north to Federal Way from Tacoma was clear.....but the wooden dock from my boat to the parking lot was solid ice! I thought I might end up in Puget Sound with no dive gear at one point, which would not have been pleasant....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Do use caution when running to your car at Cove 2. On Saturday I ran to my car (parked on the street) from the parking lot because there was someone leaving and I wanted to move into the slot... I promptly ate-it on the little hill in front of a whole OW class. #-o On Sunday, the parking lot was an absolute ice-rink!! Walking on solid ice wearing doubles sucks!! :pale:
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Does anyone know what Hood Canal conditions are? I'm supposed to head up that way today for my Advanced Nitrox/deco Procedures class. I hear I-5 is good but wonder about 101.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Driving from Marysville was not so bad. The worst was my COLD-Da-sak, which was kinda fun. 14 degrees when I checked. back roads a little icy but hwy 9 all the way to Redmond was great. Poeple driving half the speed limit even when there was NO sign of ice or treachery.
Was in the water yesterday in a wet suit NO PROBLEMS.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Well it sounds like the main roads are just fine. Walked over to my office to communicate a bit better with the "outside world" :-)

And thanks, Doug, we are fine. Apparently Cardiver's furnace went belly-up... ugghhh.

I'll check on the winds, etc. and see if I can't meet a couple of new dive buddies at Saltwater today.
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Tom Nic wrote:Well it sounds like the main roads are just fine. Walked over to my office to communicate a bit better with the "outside world" :-)

And thanks, Doug, we are fine. Apparently Cardiver's furnace went belly-up... ugghhh.

I'll check on the winds, etc. and see if I can't meet a couple of new dive buddies at Saltwater today.
Two days with no heat in a brand new house is not fun. The guy that installed the furnace is on the way down from Lynwood and the furnace just came back on at 0930 . :dontknow:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote: and the furnace just came back on at 0930 . :dontknow:
Wanna go divin'? :-)
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I've got to wait for the guy to get here. There's obviously something wrong with the thing. What time are you heading out, Tom?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

We'll be at Saltwater State Park around Noon.
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

I drove 200 miles for work today...only 40 minutes above 50mph. Lots of packed snow/ice in oregon.
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Anyone calling-in tomorrow? I think I may stay home with the boy if we get the snow that's predicted.

Thursday I'll be spending much of the day in the water doing Intro stuff (shiver). :pale: