Playing with a new lens

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
elemar
Just Settling In

Playing with a new lens

Post by elemar »

Just a couple of photos I took today at Edmonds while playing with a new lens setup (my second dive with this setup, and the first where I didn't accidentally leave the camera set to 1600iso). A 100mm Macro + 1.4x teleconverter on my Rebel XTi. QUITE hard to get autofocus to lock on (it needed the focus lights from both my strobes and a lot of patience), but when it does I'm so far quite happy with the results.

Eric
IMG_7634.jpg
IMG_7619.jpg
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: Playing with a new lens

Post by Pez7378 »

=D> Nice.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Really nice!

-Valerie
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Amazing detail!
elemar
Just Settling In

Post by elemar »

Thanks. At 100% you can see it's a LITTLE bit softer than without the TC, but I overall really am happy with the results. Definitely a setup that's going to take a while to completely figure out though. Camera steadiness is rather crucial, getting the focus lights "just" right is important, depth of field is rather tricky, etc, etc. In some ways a fun challenge though (well, maybe not for my buddy that gets to hang around twiddling thumbs while I'm 'challenged' ;) ).
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Cool!

I can't wait to see the next one....

thousand shots!

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey