Sunday January 18 Buddy Hunt

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Sunday January 18 Buddy Hunt

Post by Tubesnout23 »

Hello Folks!

Happy New Year!

Sorry for the short notice!

I am looking for a buddy (buddies) who is planning to dive on Whidbey or Fidalgo Island on Sunday January 18
I am a beginner who has 54 logged dives so far with just an Open Water certification. I dove to a max depth of 84 ft. I wear a semi-dry suit, a BP/Wing, a 5 ft hose and my octopus sits around my neck with surgical tubing.

I am a 'slow' diver, which means that I don't like to rush around like a maniac to cover as much bottom as possible. I descend slowly to allow my ears to equalize properly (I do have problems, sometimes). My air consumption is still not great but I am working on it. I like to take pictures and I take the camera when it is appropriate. With a new buddy and on a first dive I won't take it and I would like to dive to a max depth of 60 ft.

Al of my dives has been from shore. The sites that I dive most are Langley Marina, Keystone and Rosario Beach. I have dove also at Driftwood Beach Park (Admiralty Beach), Glendale (once), Skyline (twice), Washington Park (in the wrong spot!) and Alki (twice) I have also dove in the Kitsap Peninsula and Vancouver Island. I have dove at night and done drift dives several times.

I do practice skills almost every weekend and I am still getting used to my new gear.

So if I haven't put you off give me a buzz!

Cheers

(more about me at :

http://openwaterbubbles.blogspot.com/ )
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Sunday January 18 Buddy Hunt

Post by Dusty2 »

Sorry can't help you tomarrow, I'll be doing something in the south sound. However I will be in Port Townsend all this week and next weekend. I dive slow and take a hell of alot of pictures so your style seems to fit. If we dive Hudson point there is no need to go much below 60fsw.
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Post by Tubesnout23 »

Hello Dusty2!

Thank you for your reply!

I would like to come to Port Townsend to dive without having to circumnavigate the entire globe, though! The saga of the Keystone-Port Townsend ferry is not over! Now there is only a passenger ferry that makes the crossing until the end of January, I believe. Unfortunately scuba diving, unlikely hiking, does require some kind of motorized something to carry the gear. I don't have a trolley or something similar where I can load the gear and pull it on the passenger ferry by hand so getting to Port Townsend from Whidbey Island is out of the question.

I could drive all around the Puget Sound or catch the ferry from Edmonds to the Kitsap Peninsula and drive up but it would make the trip much more expensive, so I have to decline your offer, but if you ever come over to this neck of the woods or go diving at more easily accessible locations you are welcome to give me a buzz!

Have fun!

Cheers
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Yes the ferry mess is very aggravating! Sorry I forgot . Hopefully by the end of the month it will be back up again. I do Keystone occasionally but of course that's out till they get the ferry going again. Fortunately for me I live south of Tacoma so it's a strait shot across the bridge and up the peninsula. Most of my regular dive buddies are on the west side so Port Townsend is my favorite spot. Not to mention it has great critter watching.
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Post by Tubesnout23 »

You never know how things can turn out!

My 'steady' buddy decided to go diving despite feeling slightly fatigued (yesterday he thought that he was coming down with a cold) after all!

What a ride! We ended up at Keystone (at Driftwood beach somebody took the portable toilet away!) and because of the current we drifted from the pilings to the jetty. At the surface it was REALLY running south-west, down at the bottom it was slower heading west and when it began to head east back to the pilings it was time to head back to the beach.

(I am trying to add a signature...

http://openwaterbubbles.blogspot.com/

It doesn't seem to me to be in the right place, though :dontknow:

Well at least I have managed to attach a picture!)

Good night!
Attachments
Betty.jpg