Advance Warning!!!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
pennypue
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Advance Warning!!!

Post by pennypue »

Some of you may have seen me around elsewhere....some have been much more fortunate. \:D/

Thought I should give a warning, WB416, my love, and I will be flying out to Seattle from Cincinnati May 16th through the 24th. We intend to dive. :supz:

We're full cave, dive the Great Lakes which are cold, dark and green, but the only thing on the bottom are wrecks and silt. So we're looking forward to seeing something that moves. :smt038 More partial to shore diving than boats unless there's something you think I really need to see from a boat!!

Looking for ideas and suggestions on what and where to dive. And just how on earth to pack wings, regs, drysuits, jets, underwear and lights and still be allowed on the plane! :smt051

What are bottom temps like? Lake Erie 130' is 40F on a good day. So I use my dui 400g, I tend to use them in the caves too at a balmy 68F. But I can get away with lighter.

We also plan on doing some cycling while there, mountain or road. We'll need to rent bikes and find the must ride spots.

Looking forward to seeing more than a burbot or a zebra mussel. :axe:
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: Advance Warning!!!

Post by Burntchef »

welcome penny, :occasion5:

i do recall you from the deco stop. shoot me a pm and lets hook up for some diving. might be able to get you in lake wa for some plane dives. tanks and fills wont be a problem.

cold, dark, and green you will feel right at home, just a bit warmer here!

where are you staying, lots of fun shore dives around here.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
pennypue
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by pennypue »

Haven't figured out where we're staying yet...or really any other details beyond gettin' off the plane in Seattle. Tried to convince Colleen (ColdH2O) to come home at the same time. But she missed the inordinately cheap airfare. :dontknow: About 450 for both of us combined. :bootyshake:

I don't recognize you by your id of burntchef....but I DO recall seeing someone that Flings Poo for a living. :toimonster:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, Penny- you might be interested in this trip:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6750

Or, if you just want to do some shore dives around town, let me know- I'd be happy to show you around a few, as long as you don't mind diving with me on my CCR.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Knight Diver
Just Settling In

Post by Knight Diver »

I would definitely recommend Edmonds Underwater Park. It's close to Seattle and a local favorite of many. It has small wrecks, lots of structure, and TONS of life! It's one of my favorite sites for photography. Plus, Rory's (bar) is only a block away :occasion5:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Pennypue, I don't have my May schedule yet, but if I'm off while you're here, Peter and I would be delighted to take you guys out on the boat. And BTW, anything you can't or don't want to haul with you, you can probably borrow from the gang here. We have people who make gear collecting a serious hobby . . .

(BTW, I'm TSandM on SB.)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

uh ohhhhhh....
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Don't know about Lake Washington but in the sound can expect bottom temps around 48 degrees give or take a couple. From shore I'd recommend Edmonds as well if you like giant ling cod :evil4: There are also some great places to see Giant Pacific Octopus and Wolf Eels. You shouldn't have any problems finding people to dive with you at all levels from 40 ft pleasure dives to full blown tech/wreck. There are a TON of divers in this area :supz:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll take ya diving ... I'll loan ya gear if ya need it ... and unless my brother makes it out here from the east coast by then, I'll even have a spare bedroom where the two of you can crash between dives (it's a pretty easy shot to Mt. Rainier from here too).

Lookin' forward to finally meeting the both of you ... there's plenty of places to dive. I do work for a living, but when I'm not working, eating or sleeping, I'm diving ... and you're more than welcome to tag along.

I can probably find you a fish or two ... :supz:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/