Wreck diving in Lake Coeur d'Alene

General banter about diving and why we love it.
aLittletank
Getting To Know Folks

Wreck diving in Lake Coeur d'Alene

Post by aLittletank »

First off let me qualify "wreck Diving" simply put just sight seeing, no penetrating the wrecks. Still very fun and exciting!

Second thanks Rick for the coordinates to the sites! :prayer:

We had six divers ready to go that day and a pontoon boat boat to get us out to the sites. LESSON LEARNED- either less divers or more boats. We were very organized at the start of the day by by the end the boat looked like a darn Yard sale! Too many divers and their gear in too small a space. [-X

As far as the dives...

The first wreck was the Harrison which lies in 12-40ft of water. The bottom and the wreck are covered in silt/mulch. A lot of planning before the dive about how to approach the wreck and the dive pattern for each team really paid off. Our fears were that we would stir up the silt/mulch reducing the visibility to zero. However carefully planning and attention to buoyancy control made the dive enjoyable until the end. \:D/

The Harrison offered a lot to see compared to the typical lake bottom views. Plenty of fish to see and holes to look into the boat made the dive fun for the wide range of skill levels among our divers.

Oh and if you are diving a 3mm... BEWARE! of the thermal at 33Ft! You are better off with a 7mm and a hood #-o

that is my 2psi on a well know site in this area

Rick also gave us coordinates to a second site with two wrecks. Another fun dive, but I dont want to steal his thunder as he just found it and should have dibs on the story.

Allen
PADI open water 7-06
PADI advanced Open water - 8-06

gear- Zeagle Brigade BCD, Sherwood Wisdom dive computer, Aeris Atmos Pro Regulator, Mares Brigade Viper Octo,
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Tank, by chance, would you happen to be talking about Rick Inman??
Who run barter town?
aLittletank
Getting To Know Folks

Post by aLittletank »

DiverDown wrote:Tank, by chance, would you happen to be talking about Rick Inman??

yes, he was a great help!
PADI open water 7-06
PADI advanced Open water - 8-06

gear- Zeagle Brigade BCD, Sherwood Wisdom dive computer, Aeris Atmos Pro Regulator, Mares Brigade Viper Octo,
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I dove with him last year when I was working in Spokane. I had 2 great dives with him. He is a nice guy and he hosted me for dinner with his family. :supz:
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

DiverDown wrote:Tank, by chance, would you happen to be talking about Rick Inman??
Diver Down :

Why do I know that name Is Rick a well known shop owner or something

I cant place it but I know the name from some place

And Tank

I used to drive truck for a company out of Yakima WA
I would drive past that grate looking lake all the time on my way East

I used to say I bet there is some grate diving there but never found the time to check it out so lets hear how it

Do you dive there offten how deep is it and hows the vis?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Nope not a shop owner, He lives in Spokane and I met him on SB..
Who run barter town?