Sund Rock 2/8/09

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Sund Rock 2/8/09

Post by ORDiver »

Sund Rock is like a GPO hotel right now. Myself and Leithius must have seen 10 on the south wall. We caught one right out in the open. He turned and faced us and then slowly inched across a rock toward a crevice while keeping an eye on us. When he got to the crevice another octo already living there popped some arms out and pushed him away. We decided to meander on at that point and leave him alone. In addition to all the octo's there were also a few schools of copper rockfish and stripped perch, the usual ground life and 5 wolf eels. The north wall was pretty lively too. Great dives!
Wish I could post some pictures but I don't have a camera yet.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Sund Rock 2/8/09

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice! We'll be out there tomorrow for a 3 tanker, Lord willing and crick don't rise.

How was the viz?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
divemaster08
Avid Diver

Post by divemaster08 »

ORdiver i was at sund rock also today. were you in the subaru? awesome gpo's on south wall. very big,i counted eight and five wolfy's.

vis was about 20' at most. cold halocline at surface at 39 with 43 at 60' fsw. cant wait to go back.
Attachments
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG
Tomorrow is the best time saver of today…
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

For all the Octos you saw...
send a report to Roland Anderson at the Seattle Aquarium...It is Oct counting month with a counting weekend coming up, I think on Prez day weekend...
That is great, glad you had a good dive...
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

divemaster08 wrote:ORdiver i was at sund rock also today. were you in the subaru? awesome gpo's on south wall. very big,i counted eight and five wolfy's.

vis was about 20' at most. cold halocline at surface at 39 with 43 at 60' fsw. cant wait to go back.
We were in a Honda Element and didn't show up till about 12:30.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Scubak wrote:For all the Octos you saw...
send a report to Roland Anderson at the Seattle Aquarium...It is Oct counting month with a counting weekend coming up, I think on Prez day weekend...
That is great, glad you had a good dive...
Kirsten
I'll do that. Do you have his contact info?
divemaster08
Avid Diver

Post by divemaster08 »

ahh.... you were parked next to me, i was in the green truck. you were down when we came up. happy diving! see you on the bottom.
Tomorrow is the best time saver of today…
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Heres a link to the aquarium...

https://www.seattleaquarium.org/NetComm ... px?pid=214

Info is on there!
Octo week is Feb 14-21st.
K
"Let's go diving!"