New Meg Copis diver

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Chris Borgen
Compulsive Diver

New Meg Copis diver

Post by Chris Borgen »

Well after considering a rebreather for some time I called up Mel Clark at Silent Scuba and talked to her about the differences, downsides, and upsides to the different units. I decided to go with the Copis Meg. I started with classroom stuff going over physiology, emergency drills, etc. We then had some time in the pool where I got to try the Meg out for the first time, and I loved it. It is soo much different than oc but really fun. On Friday feb 20th we finally got to get in the open water. There were two kiss divers, myself on the meg, and Mel on her rEvo. We practiced bailout drills, what to do in the case of the 3 H's (hypercapnia, hypoxia, and hyperoxia). The biggest thing I noticed was trying to keep optimal loop volume, and my Po2 where it should be. We made quite a few dives fighting all the bad vis from the open water students, and we spent a good amount around the i beams. On Saturday night the kiss divers were done and we all went to the cactus moon for some drinks and rebreather talk. Then I had to wake up early again today and pick up Mel to get down to Alki at 7am. We did some more skills for the first dive then on the second dive Mel got us a few cudas to try out. I was a total mad man on that thing it was awesome! Anyways I finished today and can't wait to get back in the water asap to dive my unit again. To anyone considering it is well worth every penny. I love diving my Meg! Thanks Mel for such a thorough and fun class.
Attachments
CIMG2942.JPG
CIMG2948.JPG
CIMG2947.JPG
CIMG2951.JPG
CIMG2952.JPG
Maritime Documentation Society
http://www.maritimedocumentation.org
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: New Meg Copis diver

Post by Nwbrewer »

Very cool, congrats! I met some of your fellow students from Canada at UW sports the other day, hope they got their DS issues worked out.

Jake
Phineas Gage

Post by Phineas Gage »

Congrats Chris!
Very cool.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Congrats, Chris- it was cool to meet you last night! Let's get together and dive some time....

Oh, and:

BOOM!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Sweet! Great Job!

Dave
Dave Mitchell
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

congrats dude. let me know when you are ready to dump more o.c. gear
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Congratulations! We saw you guys getting out of the water yesterday before our JV T1 performance. #-o You looked tired :smt064
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Congratulations! Always good to have another CC diver around to borrow spare parts from. :smt064