Looking for buddy / Bremerton / P.O. and surrounding area

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
RebreatherNut
Frequent Bubbler

Looking for buddy / Bremerton / P.O. and surrounding area

Post by RebreatherNut »

Hi all,

I am trying to find a buddy who is interest in going diving with me preferably on weekends. Also can do weeknights, but prefer weekends.
I live in Bremerton, so if somebody out here on the Kitsap Peninsula is interested in showing me all the dive sites the area has to offer, that would be great. I have been living here for a bit more than 2 years, but I have not done much diving yet in the area, mostly do to work and start-up company etc.

I am a Padi and TDI/SDI Instructor. Of course I dive dry around here. I also have a passion for CCR diving, so if there are other rebreather divers out here on the Kitsap peninsula who would like to go rebreather diving, let me know! But I also dive regular OC, that's fine with me as well. And lastly, shore dives are fine, I have so much to explore :-)

Anyway, drop me a PM here and I look forward to go diving and explore the area.

cheers,

RBN
"One minute to go, Luck-meister! Then I'll be down on you like a buzzard on a gut wagon." - ALF
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Re: Looking for buddy / Bremerton / P.O. and surrounding area

Post by kitsapdiver »

I live in Port Orchard, I dont' do rebreather divers yet but I wouldn't mind if you dove CCR while I was OC. I just moved to the area in August and am still learning the sites but I've been out diving. I'm always looking for folks that want to just go dive. I really haven't had much success it seems a lot of folks who do dive on this side of the sound don't go out independently to dive. I'll probably be available to dive this Thursday and this Saturday if you are interested in meeting up soon let me know...

I'm not a technical diver (yet) but I do have a LP108 and a Sac Rate of 0.59 so I usually pull an hour dive. I dive dry and feel pretty comfortable in the water.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

RebreatherNut wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to find a buddy who is interest in going diving with me preferably on weekends. Also can do weeknights, but prefer weekends.
I live in Bremerton, so if somebody out here on the Kitsap Peninsula is interested in showing me all the dive sites the area has to offer, that would be great. I have been living here for a bit more than 2 years, but I have not done much diving yet in the area, mostly do to work and start-up company etc.

I am a Padi and TDI/SDI Instructor. Of course I dive dry around here. I also have a passion for CCR diving, so if there are other rebreather divers out here on the Kitsap peninsula who would like to go rebreather diving, let me know! But I also dive regular OC, that's fine with me as well. And lastly, shore dives are fine, I have so much to explore :-)

Anyway, drop me a PM here and I look forward to go diving and explore the area.

cheers,

RBN
Hey, Rebreathernut- welcome to the site- sorry I didn't see your post until now- I'm on the other side of the water, here- what Rebreather do you dive? What kind of diving do you like to do?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
RebreatherNut
Frequent Bubbler

Post by RebreatherNut »

Joshua Smith wrote: Hey, Rebreathernut- welcome to the site- sorry I didn't see your post until now- I'm on the other side of the water, here- what Rebreather do you dive? What kind of diving do you like to do?
Hi Joshua,
Thanks for your post.
I dive a Sport KISS, and I LOVE IT! Do you dive any breathers and if so, what kind?
Also, I used to have a Dolphin SCR, but I sold it. However, I still have my Ray SCR, it makes a great and light weight travel rig and it is easly converted over to CCR. Also it is cool to play with it in the pool with the 100% jet. I have dived the Ray very extensivly, down to 150 feet, and other stuff. Never had a problem with it and no leak.

What sort of diving I like to do? Well, nothing crazy to be honest with you. I like shore diving, I am not a depth junkie so 100-135 feet max. Currents are ok for drift diving but not to fight against. Just easy, casual, not hurried and not racing around underwater. Exploring marine life, looking for Octos and WOlfies etc. I prefer a bit longer dive times, like 60 min. and longer if the conditions are right and no one is cold.

Cheers,

RBN
"One minute to go, Luck-meister! Then I'll be down on you like a buzzard on a gut wagon." - ALF
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Cool- we have a couple of classic KISS'ers on the board here. I dive the COPIS Meg, myself.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."