Redondo 3-4-09

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Redondo 3-4-09

Post by Dusty2 »

The Lumpies weren't co-operative last night. Five of us looking and no luck but there were asome cool night fishies out including a couple special finds.

My first ever Silver spotted sculpin in the south sound.
7054net.JPG
7079net.JPG
A really nice Sailfin sculpin
7048net.JPG
A nice white spotted greenling
7043net.JPG
A Red Irish lord
7039net.JPG
And a Rough back sculpin
7087net.JPG
Last edited by Dusty2 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 3-4-09

Post by LCF »

Nice pictures, Dusty! I saw the rough back sculpin, but I wasn't sure what he was -- all those little sculpins tend to look a lot alike to me. It wasn't a good night for lumpsuckers, but Redondo sure dished up a lot of everything else!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Dusty2 wrote:The Lumpies weren't co-operative last night. Five of us looking and no luck but there were some cool night fishies out including a couple special finds....
Great pics! =D> :smt038 :supz:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

that second shot of the silver spotted sculpin is really great, dusty. =D>
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

The usual suspects were also present.
7029eecu.JPG
7094ecu.JPG
7097net.JPG
7099net.JPG
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I love the tiny-octo sequence!! =D>
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
FishGirl
Getting To Know Folks

Post by FishGirl »

LOVE the sculpin photos...those were at Redondo?! I'm going to have to add him to my list when I go spiny lumpsucker hunting this afternoon!!

I am totally loving the baby octos at Redondo...finally got to see 3 last week!
IMG_8086_edited copy.jpg
I love you, I whispered into the ear of the ocean. Ever since I've known you, I've loved you. I must see all your marvels, know all your beauty." And the ocean listened and snuggled still closer to me. Hans Hass
><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>
¯`·. ><((((º>`·.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome to the club, Yes it was at Redondo on a night dive, The only one I have seen there though. If you are hunting PSL's you need to be diving at night. They are seldom seen during the day. Redondo is way better at night. You get a whole different crew out there and some of the fish that are hard to get close to are sleeping so you can get allot closer.

Maybe we can get out together sometime. As long as your interested in looking for critters and not in a hurry
FishGirl
Getting To Know Folks

Post by FishGirl »

Dusty2 wrote:Welcome to the club, Yes it was at Redondo on a night dive, The only one I have seen there though. If you are hunting PSL's you need to be diving at night. They are seldom seen during the day. Redondo is way better at night. You get a whole different crew out there and some of the fish that are hard to get close to are sleeping so you can get allot closer.
I agree with you about diving Redondo at night!! And LOVE IT!! Octos, Stubbys, Plainfin...it's a critter watcher paradise! One of these days my husband and I want to go to Mukilteo and/or Edmonds at night.
Dusty2 wrote:Maybe we can get out together sometime. As long as your interested in looking for critters and not in a hurry
I could spend half my dive in one spot looking for the smallest things if I didn't freeze my ass off from not moving!!:p
I love you, I whispered into the ear of the ocean. Ever since I've known you, I've loved you. I must see all your marvels, know all your beauty." And the ocean listened and snuggled still closer to me. Hans Hass
><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>
¯`·. ><((((º>`·.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Fishgirl there are LOTS of little octos in the brickyard between the NOAA pier and the Fuel pier at Mukilteo.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

FishGirl wrote:
I could spend half my dive in one spot looking for the smallest things !!:p
I've been accused of that! LOL :boucegreen: Actually though usually just 6 or 8 pix then on to find more small stuff. :driving:
Can't spend too much time in one spot. Might miss something :gunslinger: