NW Dive Expo April 24-26 (Tacoma Washington))

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

NW Dive Expo April 24-26 (Tacoma Washington))

Post by Curt McNamee »

The NW Dive Expo is just around the corner. It was a fantastic event last year with lots of great exhibits and seminars. This year the show is twice as big with many new exhibits and demonstrations. Like last year, there will be an indoor pool where you can try out different gear.

Adding to the event this year we have 5 rebreather manufactures supplying rebreathers for pool try dives.
nw expo ad.jpg
Last edited by Curt McNamee on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: NW Dive Expo April 24-26 (Tacoma Washington))

Post by Norris »

Ill be there. Isnt NWDC going to have something there?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I really want to get to this, and I will unless my tech class decides to dive that weekend. And I said that, the next time somebody had a pool rebreather thing going, I was going to get in on it. So that makes it even more enticing!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Norris wrote:Ill be there. Isnt NWDC going to have something there?
yes, we will have a booth there. it's being figured out now and should have some sort of announcement soon. stay tuned.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Norris wrote:Isnt NWDC going to have something there?
Yes ... :smt038 ... come on out ... :driving: ... and support your local dive club ... :bounceline:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

Yes, the club :bounceline: will be hanging out at our Booth # 612 with NWDC t-shirts and other goodies, come buy and say hello !!!!:-)
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

This is going to be great! If you didn't make it last year, you missed out. I was genuinely surprised by how much fun I had- I was there for 8 hours, and I wasn't bored. This year is going to be even better, and our site is going to have a table this year- come say hello, and introduce yourself!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

I will be there, proudly wearing the green NWDC t-shirt!
Life is good, let's dive!!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Curt McNamee wrote:Yes, the club :bounceline: will be hanging out at our Booth # 612 with NWDC t-shirts and other goodies, come buy and say hello !!!!:-)
Is this booth number confirmed? I don't see it on their website, and all the other dive clubs are in the A-S booths in the entry....
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

scottsax wrote:
Curt McNamee wrote:Yes, the club :bounceline: will be hanging out at our Booth # 612 with NWDC t-shirts and other goodies, come buy and say hello !!!!:-)
Is this booth number confirmed? I don't see it on their website, and all the other dive clubs are in the A-S booths in the entry....
# 612 is not listed on the map, it is right next to #610, is on the corner of the pool and is Silent Scuba's booth. This spot was created for us so we could manage the CCR Tryouts that will be going on in the pool.

Booth #612 is a corner booth so we can have 2 tables.
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Will be there :boucegreen: :bounceline: :boucegreen: , can I get some club tshirts there ??? If I dont go the :ballandchain: would :boxer: till I was :der:
E_Mo
Aquaphile

Post by E_Mo »

I'll be there, and I'll be picking up a shirt as well! I hear there are supposed to be discount coupons at local dives shops, but I haven't seen them yet.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Unknown
Chevayea
Compulsive Diver

Post by Chevayea »

E_Mo wrote:I'll be there, and I'll be picking up a shirt as well! I hear there are supposed to be discount coupons at local dives shops, but I haven't seen them yet.
A-2-Z has coupons at their place.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

We have 1/2 off coupons. I ran out, so Rick just printed off a bunch more for me. For those of you who went last year, the floor space is double! Also, John Chatterton will also be there doing seminars and signing books. There is also a photo contest...many of you should consider entering!

http://www.nwdiveexpo.com/
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Actually, it looks like NWDC is going to have its own booth this year! We're in the planning phase, but we will definitely have T shirts for sale, and probably some other goodies as well. Stop by and say "hi!"
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

We should make a group gathering out of it, if possible. Pick a similar time to show? I'm going for sure, and the first thing I will do is buy a NWDC shirt so Ill be easily spotted.

Other ways to spot Norris:

I have a spotted afro haircut (Blonde and lime green). Ill be wearing elevator shoes with actual goldfish inside the heels, and a fedora with a 4' long peacock feather sticking out the back. Depending on the weather I may be in a pair of tiger striped shorts, or a latex thong. I will most likely be playing with a yo-yo, butterfly style as it is easiest to "walk the dog"

:rr:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Norris wrote:We should make a group gathering out of it, if possible. Pick a similar time to show? I'm going for sure, and the first thing I will do is buy a NWDC shirt so Ill be easily spotted.

Other ways to spot Norris:

I have a spotted afro haircut (Blonde and lime green). Ill be wearing elevator shoes with actual goldfish inside the heels, and a fedora with a 4' long peacock feather sticking out the back. Depending on the weather I may be in a pair of tiger striped shorts, or a latex thong. I will most likely be playing with a yo-yo, butterfly style as it is easiest to "walk the dog"

Yep, that's EXACTLY what he looks like! I, of course, am an elderly Asian woman, so be on the lookout! :uh: :tomatoe:
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Norris wrote:I have a spotted afro haircut (Blonde and lime green). Ill be wearing elevator shoes with actual goldfish inside the heels, and a fedora with a 4' long peacock feather sticking out the back. Depending on the weather I may be in a pair of tiger striped shorts, or a latex thong. I will most likely be playing with a yo-yo, butterfly style as it is easiest to "walk the dog"

oh, how embarrassing for josh! he planned the exact same outfit! nothing worse than showing up at a party wearing the same dress as someone else.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:
Norris wrote:I have a spotted afro haircut (Blonde and lime green). Ill be wearing elevator shoes with actual goldfish inside the heels, and a fedora with a 4' long peacock feather sticking out the back. Depending on the weather I may be in a pair of tiger striped shorts, or a latex thong. I will most likely be playing with a yo-yo, butterfly style as it is easiest to "walk the dog"

oh, how embarrassing! I planned the exact same outfit! nothing worse than showing up at a party wearing the same outfit as someone else. Well, good thing I had a contingency plan
Norris
smiff%20medallion%20daddy.jpg
smi2%20pimp%20purple.jpg
Spatman
smi2%20pimp%20orrange.jpg
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

OK, I guess I'm actually going to have to wear my Jamiroquai top hat and Bootsy Collins glasses with the purple and black boa.

Should I wear the gold lame cape as well?

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

scottsax wrote:OK, I guess I'm actually going to have to wear my Jamiroquai top hat and Bootsy Collins glasses with the purple and black boa.

Should I wear the gold lame cape as well?
The cape pulls it all together Scott.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Oh ... I didn't realize this was a formal affair ... OK, so I'll just wear my Indonesian outfit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

White balance was a little off Bob, you're arm is all washed out! :neener:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:
spatman wrote:oh, how embarrassing! I planned the exact same outfit! nothing worse than showing up at a party wearing the same outfit as someone else. Well, good thing I had a contingency plan
smi2%20pimp%20orrange.jpg
:sleep: huh? what? oh, pez was trying to be clever again? =D> he's growing up so quickly!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Pez7378 wrote:White balance was a little off Bob, you're arm is all washed out! :neener:
That's just my Seattle suntan ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)