14' Zodiac for $800

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
airsix
I've Got Gills

14' Zodiac for $800

Post by airsix »

Lookie what I found. The last thing I need right now is another project, so have at it folks.
I don't know boats, so I can't tell if it's an actual Zodiac or if they are using that as a generic description of a RIB. Also, it's flat-bottomed. Ok the price is starting to make sense...

http://kpr.craigslist.org/boa/1057618672.html
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: 14' Zodiac for $800

Post by spatman »

is the aluminum bottom the actual hull of the boat or just the interior flooring?
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

It appears to just have the aluminum floor inside, most likely an inflatable keel underside.
Sean
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

sunnydude wrote:It appears to just have the aluminum floor inside, most likely an inflatable keel underside.
the inflatable keels don't have much V
the Bombard's have the same floors (I had one) and its nice and stiff
Bombards (also made by group Zodiac) have wooden keels, there's a chance this one has a wooden keel which would be an asset
a 25-35hp outboard would be good for this boat
its PVC, so keep it out of the eastside sun

price is about right, good price if the trailer underneath is included and it decent shape.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Realistically how many divers are you going to fit in that size boat? I am asking because I have a 13’ 10” Quicksilver with an inflatable floor. I have not tried to use it for diving yet. I am thinking two divers and a boat tender would be best or at the most four divers doing a two and two. Maybe in the first scenario the divers with single tanks can take an extra tank. In the two and two the extra tanks would over load my little boat. The raft I have was the tender for my sailboat so I only have a 15hp outboard. It would have to be pretty fair conditions for me to take the boat out loaded to capacity. When I get a pickup to tow the boat I am going to start boat diving. I thought this might be a good thread to put out questions and asking for advice on diving from an inflatable boat this size. I a perfect world I would own and be diving from an 18’-20’ RIB. :thankyouyellow:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

That is an older Zodiac Mark 2 and they are made of hypalon and really tough little boats. They usually have an inflatable keel and are pretty stable boats. Weight wise they could handle 4 divers but space wise it would be real cozy
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

selkie wrote:Realistically how many divers are you going to fit in that size boat? I am asking because I have a 13’ 10” Quicksilver with an inflatable floor. I have not tried to use it for diving yet. I am thinking two divers and a boat tender would be best or at the most four divers doing a two and two. Maybe in the first scenario the divers with single tanks can take an extra tank. In the two and two the extra tanks would over load my little boat. The raft I have was the tender for my sailboat so I only have a 15hp outboard. It would have to be pretty fair conditions for me to take the boat out loaded to capacity. When I get a pickup to tow the boat I am going to start boat diving. I thought this might be a good thread to put out questions and asking for advice on diving from an inflatable boat this size. I a perfect world I would own and be diving from an 18’-20’ RIB. :thankyouyellow:
In my 12.5ft Bombard 3 divers with one tank each was max. 2 divers with 2 tanks each worked but was pretty crowded. You could probably do 2 divers, 4 tanks and a tender given enough HP. The 15hp probbaly won't push all that but will do 2 divers and 4 tanks I'm fairly certain.

18-20ft RIBs have damn big tubes to get back in over.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

used to dive 2 up 2 down all the time out of a 14 zillinger with a 35hp yammi and usualy just a bottle apiece. It would be cozy but doable. Did a lot of diving out of Pacific City over the surf and into the big water. I have no problems getting into my 5.4 SR over the tubes with ease, although its not gracefull looking when u get flopped inside the boat lol.
If someone buys that and needs a good running 35hp merc tiller I might be able to let mine go for cheap.:crybaby: . Just hate the thought of getting rid of it cause it ran so good. Althought on the price I picked up my avon 5.4 rib for $1200 with a trailer so good deals are out there.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

CaptnJack wrote:
18-20ft RIBs have damn big tubes to get back in over.
Tell me about it, I have half a mind to put an aluminum arch on mine with a ladder off one side. But, I sure can haul a lot of crap . . .
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.