What to do about the silt

General banter about diving and why we love it.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: What to do about the silt

Post by spatman »

LCF wrote:And why didn't I? Because he was diving with his SCUBA INSTRUCTOR . . .
yeah, bdub was having an off day. next time he'll be sure his students' octos are secure.

:wedgie:
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

spatman wrote:
LCF wrote:And why didn't I? Because he was diving with his SCUBA INSTRUCTOR . . .
yeah, bdub was having an off day. next time he'll be sure his students' octos are secure.

HEY! I had to make a choice, ok?! I had 1 keeper and had to decide between the snorkel and the octopus, and everyone knows the snorkel is essential equipment.

Don't judge until you're in that situation. It was stressful
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BDub wrote:
spatman wrote:

HEY! I had to make a choice, ok?! I had 1 keeper and had to decide between the snorkel and the octopus, and everyone knows the snorkel is essential equipment.

Don't give away the playbook!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Sounder wrote:
BDub wrote:
spatman wrote:

Nah, that's not in the playbook. That was me being a thinking diver since Lundy...er, the "student", wasn't
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BDub wrote:
Sounder wrote:
BDub wrote:
spatman wrote:

Nah, that's not in the playbook. That was me being a thinking diver since Lundy...er, the "student", wasn't
Poor Lundy - he's got his head buried in a textbook and can't even defend himself. :snorkel:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:
BDub wrote:
Sounder wrote:
BDub wrote:
spatman wrote:

Poor Lundy - he's got his head buried in a textbook and can't even defend himself. :snorkel:
"Advanced Snorkel and Octo Stowing Techniques 201"
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

LCF wrote:That's definitely a good point! I watched a diver headed down to the water the other day with his console and his octo just hanging --
I call that the Wrecking Ball system.

I saw a fearsome example the other day... a fellow I was with as a pick-up buddy had a monstrous console. It started as a normal 3-gauge wrecking ball, but he had added a computer and a light, and sandwiched it all between thick sheets of plexiglass. Wet notes were attached to the outside, and he said he was looking for a way to add a second light. I think there may have been a whistle on it too, seriously. It was crazy.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Matt S. wrote: I call that the Wrecking Ball system.

I saw a fearsome example the other day... a fellow I was with as a pick-up buddy had a monstrous console. It started as a normal 3-gauge wrecking ball, but he had added a computer and a light, and sandwiched it all between thick sheets of plexiglass. Wet notes were attached to the outside, and he said he was looking for a way to add a second light. I think there may have been a whistle on it too, seriously. It was crazy.
I wish I had one of those. I'd put the console, compass, depth guage, computer, light, plexiglass, wetnotes and whistle on craigslist for a buck and have a totally righteous SPG.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Matt S. wrote:
LCF wrote:That's definitely a good point! I watched a diver headed down to the water the other day with his console and his octo just hanging --
I call that the Wrecking Ball system.

Sounds like a setup Rick Meyer was telling me about. (We were asking for strange/funny/scary charter stories). He said the crew even came up with a name for it.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey