Redondo 05/28

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Redondo 05/28

Post by Dusty2 »

Went in around 9pm did a tour of the bottle field till I was almost in deco and headed in. Viz was marginal with lots of suspended matter but it does seem to be chunking up so hopefully we are on an improving trend.Tons of hermits and young crabs tonight more than I have ever seen there. Eel pouts and roughback sculpins every where, a couple of octos, a couple of stubbies, snake prickelbacks, lots of young rock fish, the biggest Sturgeon pocher I have ever seen and a nice plainfin midshipman on the way back.

All and all a good dive. The tide was clear up to the third or fourth step so in and out were pretty easy. Put my fins on right at the bottom of the steps. Saw a ton of sand lances on the way out. I had a real hard time trying to figure out what I was seeing. Every few feet there would be this flash of fish out of no where and then they would disappear but look as hard as I could I couldn't see anything till they burst out of the sand and then disappeared again a few feet further along.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 05/28

Post by Grateful Diver »

I was there earlier in the evening with Ursa and Sandra. Tide was incoming. Ursa told us later that she found a lumpsucker on the ladder boat, but Sandra and I were both so busy taking pictures of other things that she couldn't get our attention. Then the Redondo River rolled in and current got crazy ... so we hightailed it outta there.

Managed a coupla interesting shots ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Diver_C
Amphibian

Re: Redondo 05/28

Post by Diver_C »

Great shots Bob!