info on MK 6 Sport Diving Rebreather

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
ryanone
Frequent Bubbler

info on MK 6 Sport Diving Rebreather

Post by ryanone »

I found this looking for info on Bill Stones MK 6

http://vimeo.com/2318796
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: info on MK 6 Sport Diving Rebreather

Post by Joshua Smith »

You might want to start looking for info here:

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/poseidon ... ebreather/
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ryanone
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryanone »

Thanks for the good info
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

While I understand that Bill Stone and Richard Pyle are living diving lengends I couldn't help but LMAO at the thought of showing this video to a one week PADI OW class :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think Mr. Stone is quite in touch with the realities of current OW training.

The unit itself looks really cool although if I was gonna shell out the dough for a CCR I'd want something that was able to handle tech dives
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:While I understand that Bill Stone and Richard Pyle are living diving lengends I couldn't help but LMAO at the thought of showing this video to a one week PADI OW class :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think Mr. Stone is quite in touch with the realities of current OW training.
:dontknow:

i don't get what you mean, matt. i didn't get the impression that this unit was developed for fresh OW students. it's a rebreather designed for recreational depths, not noobs.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I think he used the words meant to replace OC SCUBA for entry level PADI sport diving. Don't get me wrong I think the idea of a rec CCR that is easy to assemble, maintain, and lightweight is a really cool idea. Not making fun of the idea, It's just that even tough I tried to follow the entire explanation my brain started smoking and I got hopelessly lost.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

And yeah I'm sure you're right he didn't actually mean for noobs.