CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Post by Pez7378 »

I'm announcing a club dive scheduled for October 10th. If you can make it post up! (and for those who cannot, I'm sure we'll hear from you too!) We'll start working on the details after those that can't make it finish whining about not being able to make it!

Saturday October 10th 0800 hrs at Saltwater State Park. Tides are here

Park overview:
Saltwater State Park is an 88-acre marine camping park with 1,445 feet of saltwater shoreline on Puget Sound. The park is located halfway between the cities of Tacoma and Seattle. The cities jointly and literally buried a hatchet in the park as a symbol of an end to their mutual competition. The park offers beautiful views and wildlife-watching opportunities. And Let's not forget about the DIVING!

The campground and park store at Saltwater State Park are closed until further notice. The day-use area is open.

Please note: Alcohol is not permitted at Saltwater State Park. This policy is strictly enforced throughout the park, including reserved picnic shelters.

Directions:
Located two miles south of Des Moines, Wash., near Sea-Tac International Airport.

From the south : Take exit #147 off I-5. Follow signs west, and turn right on 16th St. past the Safeway store (sign missing). Then follow signs to park. Turn on Marine View Dr., which runs through the park. Turn left into the park.

From the north : Take exit #149 off of I-5, go west, then turn south on Hwy. 99 (sign missing). Follow the signs into the park. Turn right on 240th at the Midway Drive-in. Turn left on Marine View Dr. and turn right into the park.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Whohoo I'm in!

Pez7378 wrote:Please note: Alcohol is not permitted at Saltwater State Park. This policy is strictly enforced throughout the park, including reserved picnic shelters.

Hey Sounder: I know what you can do when one of your Tanks fails Hydro. Replace the valve with a tap and voila - portable undercover M&J dispenser :mmmbeer:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
smallrun
Just Settling In

Post by smallrun »

I'll be there for sure. :joshsmith:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

meeting up at 8am?!?! should NWDC plan a brunch instead of a bbq?

are there specific splash times due to tides or currents?
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

I'm in, The Tides and current look awsome from 10am on.... if I'm reading them right :der:

What should people bring? Just wondering, I know it's still early just wanted to get a jump on it.

Been waiting for a club dive. It will be nice to put faces to names.

:joshsmith: :bounceline: :joshsmith:

:penelope: :partydance:

:rawlings: :lurk: :blah:

:shootself:

:popcorn:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Whohoo I'm in!

Pez7378 wrote:Please note: Alcohol is not permitted at Saltwater State Park. This policy is strictly enforced throughout the park, including reserved picnic shelters.

Hey Sounder: I know what you can do when one of your Tanks fails Hydro. Replace the valve with a tap and voila - portable undercover M&J dispenser :mmmbeer:

Ohhhh, who's got a failed tank laying around?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

I'll be there!!!! +Greg.
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:Whohoo I'm in!

Ohhhh, who's got a failed tank laying around?

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9181
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Geek wrote:What should people bring? Just wondering, I know it's still early just wanted to get a jump on it.
Apparently one of the organizers needs to get a spreadsheet going. Mariette and I will be bringing something tasty. You know, one of those things, that if nobody else enjoys, I get to eat them all! And no, I'm not talking about Lumpia.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Pez7378 wrote:
Geek wrote:What should people bring? Just wondering, I know it's still early just wanted to get a jump on it.
Apparently one of the organizers needs to get a spreadsheet going. Mariette and I will be bringing something tasty. You know, one of those things, that if nobody else enjoys, I get to eat them all! And no, I'm not talking about Lumpia.
But I love lumpia!
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

rjarnold wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
But I love lumpia!
+2 for Lumpia

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Pez7378 wrote:
I will let you know if I can make it so you know to double the batch or not. :luv:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm in! It'll be my last dive before sinus surgery, so yay me!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'm in ... I think. Will have to wait till I get home to consult my calendar (I'm in Florida right now) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Someday you guys will schedule one of these when I can come. October 10th, I'll be on a liveaboard in the Red Sea.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

A ways a way, but I'm looking forward to meeting more of yall. Count me in.
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'll be there, despite the early hour. Actually, I might saunter in and eat some lumpia, then catch a second dive. :metal:
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

I don't know what lumpia is.

But I DO know that I will be at the dive - likely later than 8, but there for sure!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

From dictionary.com:

Lumpia/h are pastries of the Philippines and Indonesia of Chinese origin and are similar to spring rolls. The term lumpia derives from lunpia (POJ: jūn-piáⁿ, lūn-piáⁿ) in the Hokkien language. The recipe, both fried and fresh versions, was brought by the Chinese immigrants from the Fujian province of China to Southeast Asia and became popular where they settled in the Philippines and Indonesia. In the Netherlands, it is spelled loempia which is the old Indonesian spelling for lumpia and has also become the generic name for "spring roll" in Dutch. A variant is the Vietnamese lumpia, wrapped in a thinner piece of pastry, in a size close to a spring roll though the wrapping closes the ends off completely, which is typical for lumpia.

I'm hoping to be there as well, probably not at 8 because mornings is de debble, and by that time I might even be able to get wet - uh, dry - uh, get my dry suit wet - uh, you get the idea. Here's hoping........
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

Count me in!
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

dwashbur wrote:From dictionary.com:

Lumpia/h are pastries of the Philippines and Indonesia of Chinese origin and are similar to spring rolls. The term lumpia derives from lunpia (POJ: jūn-piáⁿ, lūn-piáⁿ) in the Hokkien language. The recipe, both fried and fresh versions, was brought by the Chinese immigrants from the Fujian province of China to Southeast Asia and became popular where they settled in the Philippines and Indonesia. In the Netherlands, it is spelled loempia which is the old Indonesian spelling for lumpia and has also become the generic name for "spring roll" in Dutch. A variant is the Vietnamese lumpia, wrapped in a thinner piece of pastry, in a size close to a spring roll though the wrapping closes the ends off completely, which is typical for lumpia.

I'm hoping to be there as well, probably not at 8 because mornings is de debble, and by that time I might even be able to get wet - uh, dry - uh, get my dry suit wet - uh, you get the idea. Here's hoping........
Lumpia is not meant to be known, just eaten....... :thumb3d:

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

#-o
let me see...8am down near Tacoma, get up at 6:00, leave at 6:30 drive drive drive....yeah I can probably do this. it'll be a two tanker, or more for sure.

Count me in and lets get a copy of a spreadsheet up on Google Docs or something where people can edit? Is that possible?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Norris wrote:#-o
let me see...8am down near Tacoma, get up at 6:00, leave at 6:30 drive drive drive....yeah I can probably do this. it'll be a two tanker, or more for sure.

Count me in and lets get a copy of a spreadsheet up on Google Docs or something where people can edit? Is that possible?
Uhm.... I don't want to get hammered for linking, but I know of an easier method...

D(B)
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

defied wrote: Uhm.... I don't want to get hammered for linking, but I know of an easier method...

D(B)
:violent1:
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

defied wrote:
Norris wrote:#-o

Uhm.... I don't want to get hammered for linking, but I know of an easier method...

D(B)
Hammer? us? NEVER!!!! :violent1: :stickwhack: :arsespank: :axe: