new whidbey diver (oak harbor)

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

new whidbey diver (oak harbor)

Post by Dashrynn »

yep yep i live in oak harbor and just received my c card through ssi. i sport an atomic m1 with a octo slimline 2 and oceanic veo 250 anndddd aeris lx bc. i still have a 7mm wetsuit and plan on getting a drysuit soon. I use 30 lbs of weight, and pretty much i have the basic gear any newbie has that is boots wetsuit gloves, bcd, knife, weights, reg, octo, gauge console, hood, mask, and snorkel. i rent tanks and look to be nitrox cert soon.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: new whidbey diver (oak harbor)

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Welcome to the board!

I am curious - did I by chance meet you recently on a Sunday in Keystone?

Matt
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Welcome to the board!

Matt
maybeeee this sunday i was doing my 4th dive for my certification. I was with a group and had a friend there that drove a white truck. This was around 12-1ish?
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Welcome! What an awesome place to live and be a diver!
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Dashrynn wrote:

Matt
maybeeee this sunday i was doing my 4th dive for my certification. I was with a group and had a friend there that drove a white truck. This was around 12-1ish?
No it would have been a couple of weeks ago Joe, Steven, Babs and my Dad and I were there talking to a navy guy, I think he was riding a motorcycle and I think he said he had Atomic regs. Might have just been a coincidince.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

Matt
No it would have been a couple of weeks ago Joe, Steven, Babs and my Dad and I were there talking to a navy guy, I think he was riding a motorcycle and I think he said he had Atomic regs. Might have just been a coincidince.
that was prob me i had a leather jacket (alpinestars) on and my friend came, tall white guy. There was a kid there too.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Good to see a fellow Whidbey Island diver on NWDive Club. Welcome, hope to see you around, Keystone is my favorite place. Look for a white Jeep and white hair :) :rawlings:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Dashrynn wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

Matt
that was prob me i had a leather jacket (alpinestars) on and my friend came, tall white guy. There was a kid there too.

Yeah we had steven with us (octosteve on the board). So that was you then. Look forward to seeing you at one of the dive spots . If I recall correctly one of your superiors (for lack of a better word) in the Navy is a board member also. Goes by Pesacolaracer. Really cool dude. He even let me hang out with him on his boat once.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

[/quote]
Yeah we had steven with us (octosteve on the board). So that was you then. Look forward to seeing you at one of the dive spots . If I recall correctly one of your superiors (for lack of a better word) in the Navy is a board member also. Goes by Pesacolaracer. Really cool dude. He even let me hang out with him on his boat once.[/quote]

i found out it wasn't him, but that would be cool if he was. I went to rosario yesterday and explored the rocks out in the bay. Didn't see anything but i did make good use of my compass :koolaid: and saw some kind of sand fish that my buddy spotted. Just fyi rosario beach is slightly boring. Compared to keystone its an Opera (unless you like opera's and then its just w.e is worse that that) but for beginners it was interesting.

Oh! the lowest temparature at rosario yesterday was 48 at a depth of 33 ft just another fyi. My suit stayed warm but my feet was colddddd and my hands was getting there!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Jan K wrote:Good to see a fellow Whidbey Island diver on NWDive Club. Welcome, hope to see you around, Keystone is my favorite place. Look for a white Jeep and white hair :) :rawlings:
oh wow you're the individual who took all those photos and painted them pictures on the whidbey island dive shop? I love all of those pictures. Hopefully i will see you around!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

okay so update, im getting a BARE D6 Pro Drysuit real soon so i can stay under more! anyone have comments on this drysuit?
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Don't have much personal experience with Bare but dry is definitely the way to go!
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

welcome to the board..! :)
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

babs13 wrote:welcome to the board..! :)
thanks! and sorry guys my buddies break line is bad and he doesn't wanna travel far with it. So instead we went to keystone :( thanks for the invitation though!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

There's always Mondays...