what do you do when you can't dive but are nitrogen deprived

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
babs13
Dive-aholic

what do you do when you can't dive but are nitrogen deprived

Post by babs13 »

I'm nitrogen deprived and need to splash, but life keeps getting in the way. So out of curiosity, what do folks here do when they run into that situation? Is there a quick fix to this problem?

And oh yes, shame on me for not diving and letting life get in the way. :arsespank:
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: what do you do when you can't dive but are nitrogen deprived

Post by dwashbur »

This torn Achilles' tendon kept me out of the water for 2 months. Xbox 360 and whining a lot kept me from going postal...
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Huskychemist
Dive-aholic

Post by Huskychemist »

I've been dry since June 15th... (Knee surgery) And I'll be dry for another month or two until strength returns in the leg...

How do I cope? I think my wife would argue that I'm not coping well at all...but I spend more time on here ogling at pictures of critters than normal. And I'm still going through my 2700 pictures from my big dive trip before going dry...

Ask me in another month how I cope and I may have a different answer. Good luck getting back in the saddle!
Happy Diving!

Lowell, aka Huskychemist

http://scuba.huskychemist.org
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Read: Get Mark Powell's Deco for Divers and go through it, or the Airspeed Press books. I've actually enjoyed and learned a good deal from reading the PADI Encyclopedia (required for my DM class) which has some fascinating stuff about oceans, currents and the like.

Watch videos: There are hundreds of dive videos out there, ranging from technique demonstrations to deep wreck or cave explorations. They deliciously waste tons of time.

Putter with dive gear: This is a good time to clean up, service or fix anything that isn't optimal.

Work on fitness: Even if you can't dive, can you go swim laps? Or run?

Nothing is the same as diving, though . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

babs13 wrote:I'm nitrogen deprived and need to splash, but life keeps getting in the way. So out of curiosity, what do folks here do when they run into that situation? Is there a quick fix to this problem?

And oh yes, shame on me for not diving and letting life get in the way. :arsespank:
Don't let it get in the way too, too long. I used my out of the water time to improve my cycling, get more fit, do a mission trip to Nome and get several things done around the house that needed to be done. Now I find that after these months my passion for diving isn't as strong as it has been for the past 10 years. Plus, many of the folks in my dive world have moved on. So, I'm setting up some dive trips for Nov and Dec and having trouble fitting them in, instead of the other way around as it used to be.

Encouraging you to get wet soon???
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Read some of the Andrea Doria books, Shadow Divers, Deep Descent, The Last Dive. Pick a direction you want to go with your diving and find the books to learn about that aspect of diving.

Pick a day and get wet!
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Little miniature dive tanks - END of 145fsw in ten seconds or less!!