Greetings....

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
sungurl
Aquaphile

Greetings....

Post by sungurl »

Posted an intro last night, but managed to accidentally delete it, lol...so trying again.....

I'm a newbie around the forums...have been on the board reading on occasion, but finally decided it was time to join :)
I have only had the experience of scuba in a swimming pool so far, which was completely fun, but no pretty fishies to look at.....From what I have heard and read, it is quite the experience once you get out in the open water. I can't wait! I am taking my open water certification this weekend and am super, super excited about that. Wish me luck, lol....

Have to send a shout out to Geek ( :bye: ) for introducing me to the board and convincing me to give scuba a go....

Looking forward to getting to meet some new folks and share in the adventures of scuba :)
TTFN....

Now....where to find some sea turtles :smt064
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Greetings....

Post by Grateful Diver »

Welcome to the community sungurl. Best of luck with your classes, and with your future underwater adventures. Once you're certified, be sure to join in some of our club dives, so that some of the more experienced folks here can help ya get your fins wet.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Howdy Tacoma girl, Your in the right place. Lots of opportunities to get wet close by and lots of people ready and willing to help you enjoy your new world. Good luck with your new adventure but be warned it can be addicting!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Welcome to NWDC!

Dusty I don't have any idea what you're talking about. Adicting? Nonsense - I can stop anytime - No really I can!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Hey sungurl glad you decided to join the sight!! :partydance:

This weekend will be great!! You met Grateful diver (Bob) cardiver (Ron) Mr and Mrs diverbob, and pogiguy05 (jeff) at DIW a couple weeks ago. :grouphug:

As far as sea turtles, just wait until you dive with Hobo diver (Roger) and we'll see if he flip's over again :evil4:

Can't wait till we go diving together!! see you later!
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl". :bounceline: :bounceline: Good luck on your open water. Then the trip begins. Hope to see you in the water.

PS: Here are the turtles.
Attachments
Turtle 6.jpg
Turtle 1.jpg
Charles
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Thank you all for the warm welcome :) Nice to see some names that I recognize even if just from a brief meeting....
I love the comradarie that surrounds this adventursome way of life :) Can't wait to get started :)

And Aquanautchuck :thankyouyellow: for my sea turtles :) That just made my day :partydance:

Hugs to all, see you soon....
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Now you just need to save up SU (scuba units. 1 scuba unit =$100)(divers use that to hide what it really costs for scuba gear from our significant other) and go to Kona or Grand Cayman to see your own Turtles.
Last edited by Aquanautchuck on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Aquanautchuck wrote:Now you just need to save up SU (scuba units. 1 scuba unit =100)(divers use that to hide what it really costs for scuba gear from out significant other) and go to Kona or Grand Cayman to see your own Turtles.
that would make sense...except I'm either in big trouble or have hit the jackpot since my S.O. Is already an addict, oops, I mean a regular diver :roll:
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

:rofl: :rofl: No worries then, you got it made.
Charles
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome Sungurl and I know you may not care, but I really do like...

**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Welcome Sungurl... Here are a Handful of Happy Honus from Hawaii

"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Welcome, Sungirl! If your SO is a diver, then all of the stickershock of the cost of diving (which for me, never fades) will be like mud off a ducks back! Um...oil? Lube? Coq au Vin?

... whatever! And welcome! Hope to see you at the club dive!

and :eric: ...

Your photos make me long to :mermaid: and at the same time :jason: and :axe: you! Curse you and your tropical paradise life!

Aloha THIS!!!!! :boxer:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Welcome to the NWDC show Sungirl. :bday:
Jenbowes wrote:...and :eric: ...Your photos make me long to :mermaid: and at the same time :jason: and :axe: you! Curse you and your tropical paradise life! Aloha THIS!!!!! :boxer:
Careful Jen..... :eric: has special powers.....careful.....now--slowwwwlllyy back away from :eric: and say "sorry".
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Don't know what your Schedule is but Dad and I are headed for 3 Tree north tomorrow figuring on a noon o'clock splash so your welcome to drag the significant other down and dive with us if you like. That should give you plenty time to round up some gear. Great dive spot and the tides tomorrow are very good.
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

I am not sure the sticker shock will not phase me....I am astounded as to the cost of the gear.....I'm miss frugal who uses her coupons whenever possible just to save 10cents here and there......not sure I've seen a whole lot of coupons running around for scuba gear, lol.....

I suppose now that I have successfully completed my first two dives and realize this is something I can most likely enjoy, I'm going to have to start doing some research and cost analyses to see what will make the most sense.....

I think it is great that I'm a member here now too, because I've got lots of great folks surrounding me to help give input
:grouphug:

Thanks again for the warm welcome...you guys rock! :metal:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Ops! Didn't realize I was getting ahead of ya. Any way the invite stands just as soon as ya get your cert!
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Dusty2 wrote:Ops! Didn't realize I was getting ahead of ya. Any way the invite stands just as soon as ya get your cert!
:rofl: No worries..will take u up on the offer once I'm certified :) appreciate the invite tho :biggrin:
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Norris wrote:Welcome Sungurl and I know you may not care, but I really do like...

Me too, :roll: ....too funny ;)
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Sockmonkey wrote:Welcome Sungurl... Here are a Handful of Happy Honus from Hawaii
Hey :eric: Thanks for the Happy HOnus from Hawaii.....that is where I want to go next year for my birthday to swim with, so loved the piccies :thumbsup:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome sungurl!
I hope to see you at a few of our Thursday dive's. Is your S.O. on the board too?
Yeah I'm sure you know by now how addicting this could be. But there are so many advantages to this Hobby/Sport.
Go Places, Meet People and Do Things, is actually about as true as it gets!
And we, here in the Puget Sound are so lucky to have all of the shore dives and boat dives at our finger tips.
And of course this board/club is a great tool too!
Congratulations on your new(soon to be) Certification! Now you can say you are certifiable and you like to hang out at local dives and get to see the nudies under water! :highfive:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

BASSMAN wrote:Welcome sungurl!
......... Is your S.O. on the board too? ........
He is and I think I have successfully infected another person with the diving bug.....
:joshsmith: :partydance: :partydance: :bounceline: :partydance: :partydance: :joshsmith:

:thankyouyellow: :bow:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

For a little look at Sungurl's dives over the weekend...here's a quick recap shot by one of our dive team. Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2kBgUz_kQY[/youtube]
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Wow! She looks like a pro already. Cruising along in good trim and off the bottom. Way to go! :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

Her athletic prowess was a definite contributing factor, but honestly, that's also the advantage of a private class vs a group class. You can get remedial coaching right from the start. Even in a small group, my time is divided...this way, she had all of mine...AND my teams...focus. The fact that someone is designated to swim above and behind ONLY you to catch you should you ascend...makes adding microbursts of air to the BCD a not so scary decision.

She was also keen enough to attend one of the Discover Scuba sessions beforehand, where the participants PLAY in the pool for an hour. I'm seeing a HUGE difference in those participants when it comes time for Open Water. More time in the pool prior to Open Water is always a good thing!
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.