Don't know much about CCRs but...

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Don't know much about CCRs but...

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/1379474876.html

That seems like pretty smokin deal. Strange thing is I don't think I've ever met anyone who dives on of those units or even seen one at a dive site. I wonder why? :dontknow:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Don't know much about CCRs but...

Post by LCF »

I suspect it's simply because we don't have anybody here marketing them (that I know of, anyway). Optimas aren't rare in Florida.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Nevermind, I reread the post.
Last edited by Dmitchell on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Mitchell
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

The way I'm reading the ad it only says

"The following items are not included with the O2ptima due to individual diver preferences: harness, wing, tanks."

And even that is a quote from the OEM's website
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

CCRs are a common item to try to fraudulently sell (at least on ebay)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

CaptnJack wrote:CCRs are a common item to try to fraudulently sell (at least on ebay)

Good point although scammers typically don't post a local phone number.

Speaking of scammers I was bored today so while I was browsing CL I responded to a few of the scam ads. 08 toyota sienna for 5k blah blah. Just to see what stories they're coming up with now. I can't believe people are still falling for the tired old " I'm in the military in Britain and you can buy my car for 5 grand shipped to your doorstep" scam. #-o
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Anything I by on CL will be cash on delivery or pickup
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I've been hearing about an Op2ima for sale in the seattle area at a great price for a while, now- probably this same unit. It may or may not be a legit deal. But nobody at all is diving one around here- that's a Florida thang. They're popular down there. One large reason I went with a Meg is that the factory is in Centralia. I drove down there to pick mine up after it was built. I like that. Of course, Megsare popular in Australia, Europe, and Asia....because they have great customer service. But....well, honestly, not very many people seem to take the Op2ima seriously. It doesn't seem to be the CCR of choice for serious dives, or divers....outside of Florida. My .02c, take it or leave it.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Ha Ha! speaking of scammers, i just got this message on my UTD page. She (or he) left the exact same message for at least 20 othe people. I guess love is in the air...

At 3:11am on September 18, 2009, munasbaby said…munasbaby@yahoo.com
HELLO
My name is miss munas i saw your profile today at(unifiedteamdiving.com) and fund you worthy to be mine as some one whom i can lay on his arms as long as love is concern, caring and teassing you all the nightlong and ,l will also like to know you the more,and l want you to send an email to my email address (munasbaby@yahoo.com) so l can give you my picture for you to know whom l am. Here is my email address I believe we can move from here! I waiting for your mail to my email address above. miss munas
(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

Comment Back View Thread Add as Friend
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

wow, I didn't realize fishstiq had such bad grammar
April
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

April wrote:wow, I didn't realize fishstiq had such bad grammar
:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman