Inspiration for Jan, and a jewel for the rest of us

General banter about diving and why we love it.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Inspiration for Jan, and a jewel for the rest of us

Post by LCF »

Some months ago, I put down some money to reserve a copy of THIS book. The author had the photographs and the layout, but needed to get orders for 250 copies (IIRC) to make it worth printing the book. I took a flyer, and apparently I won and he got his minimum, because the book came yesterday. It is utterly beautiful, and anybody who has been diving in Southern California would love to look through the spectacular photographs.

It can be done. Jan, are you listening? (On a more sober note, the author said he'd be delighted to talk to you about how he went about this.) :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: Inspiration for Jan, and a jewel for the rest of us

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Wow those pics are amazing!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The entire book is like that. It's something you leaf through very slowly, relishing each and every page.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

What a cool book! I might have to get that one!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Dogboy
Aquaphile

Post by Dogboy »

A coffee table book by Jan would be wonderful. I have a copy of the small book he put out a couple of years ago (signed by the author/photographer/artist of course!), and would be the first in line to preorder another book he puts out. Jan, are you out there? Your photos with the clever art work to accompany them would make a wonderful book! Please hook a brother up!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

First in line? You'd have to beat me to it!
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Wowsa..fantastic pictures....I could definitely see getting that and spending a looooong time perusing it's pages.... :biggrin: