guess who's new!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kaylarose89
Just Settling In

guess who's new!

Post by kaylarose89 »

hey everyone!!
my name is Kayla Rose,
so I am very very new! only just got certified.....unfortunately discovered a new addiction in the process.........when i am in the water, i am thinking about how amazing it IS, and when I am outta the water I am thinking about how amazing it WAS......

I would love to start diving weekly, but I am new to the seattle area,

anyone daring enough to be my buddy???

hit me up! :bye:
laughter
smiles,
optimism......all contageous.....
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Re: guess who's new!

Post by Dashrynn »

:lurk: I am always wanting to dive during the week...but then again my local dive shop calls me a "dive freak" If you are EVER on whidbey island give me a shout, my dive buddy only enjoys once a week dives...he says something about having a normal life or something but then again isn't this a normal life? hahaha
kaylarose89
Just Settling In

Post by kaylarose89 »

it could certainly become normal for me thats for sure!!! I love it so far and crave for more.... i am begining to understand addiction.

haha
laughter
smiles,
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Hey Kayla

Welcome to NWDC!

You should come down and join us for some Monday Mukilteo Madness. A bunch of us get together on Mondays and dive at Mukilteo. All skill and experience levels welcome. You can find our thread about it in the dive planning section. You will find no shortage of dive buddies here.

(Hm that reminds me I need to get over in the dive planning section and start a thread)
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
kaylarose89
Just Settling In

Post by kaylarose89 »

yeah my local dive shop for me is becoming like a toys R us for a five-year-old.........
laughter
smiles,
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

kaylarose89 wrote:yeah my local dive shop for me is becoming like a toys R us for a five-year-old.........
I already owe my shop 400....between classes and such...but they have an excellent get now and pay along the way (without interest%)

woops pushed the wrong button so now im editing. Go to muk madness!!! i seen an octo like this little guy when i went! Plus there's a memorial for dive buddies there...almost made me fill my mask... :crybaby: plus the people there aren't too bad.....>.> *looks at mattleycrue and doc* :blah:
kaylarose89
Just Settling In

Post by kaylarose89 »

Dashrynn wrote:
kaylarose89 wrote:yeah my local dive shop for me is becoming like a toys R us for a five-year-old.........
I already owe my shop 400....between classes and such...but they have an excellent get now and pay along the way (without interest%)

well then that is the way to go.....I have to admit my parents just upgraded all their equipment so until I can afford custom I have thier old stuff..... but I am sure I will be in your position in no time! :nervous:
laughter
smiles,
kaylarose89
Just Settling In

Post by kaylarose89 »

[quote="Mattleycrue76"]Hey Kayla

Welcome to NWDC!

You should come down and join us for some Monday Mukilteo Madness. A bunch of us get together on Mondays and dive at Mukilteo. All skill and experience levels welcome. You can find our thread about it in the dive planning section. You will find no shortage of dive buddies here.

(Hm that reminds me I need to get over in the dive planning section and start a thread)[/quote

i will have to do that sometime......
laughter
smiles,
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

kaylarose89 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

well then that is the way to go.....I have to admit my parents just upgraded all their equipment so until I can afford custom I have thier old stuff..... but I am sure I will be in your position in no time! :nervous:
Actually you're lucky that you don't have to go out and buy all new gear only to discover a little ways down the road that you bought the wrong (not ideal for your needs) stuff. This way you have no gear investment and when the time is right you can make more informed decisions.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl" Kayla. :bounceline: :bounceline: Sure sounds like you are going to be one of those Diving Nuts. It is the best addiction you can have. And living in Seattle makes it even easier. Just ask and there are plenty of us divers that like to take newbies out. The club is getting together on the 10th for a get together and shore dive. Hope to see you in the water.
Charles
wenatchee
Avid Diver

Post by wenatchee »

Aquanautchuck wrote:Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl" Kayla. :bounceline: :bounceline: Sure sounds like you are going to be one of those Diving Nuts. It is the best addiction you can have. And living in Seattle makes it even easier. Just ask and there are plenty of us divers that like to take newbies out. The club is getting together on the 10th for a get together and shore dive. Hope to see you in the water.
Welcome Kayla! Where is the dive on the tenth?
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

wenatchee wrote:
Aquanautchuck wrote:Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl" Kayla. :bounceline: :bounceline: Sure sounds like you are going to be one of those Diving Nuts. It is the best addiction you can have. And living in Seattle makes it even easier. Just ask and there are plenty of us divers that like to take newbies out. The club is getting together on the 10th for a get together and shore dive. Hope to see you in the water.
Welcome Kayla! Where is the dive on the tenth?
Welcome Kayla!

Someone with better computer skills than I possess can post a link to the thread, but it's at Saltwater State Park on the 10th, starting at 8ish. Pez is the 'cruise director' this time around (Penopolypants usually is, and she's brilliant at it, I must say), and we're calling him 'Julie'.

Um. 'Julie' Pez is doing a brilliant job as well in his temporary role, I didn't mean to minimize his skill and capacity and marvelous planning skills... as you will see when someone posts the link to the thread.

I'm going to take my foot out of my mouth now, and end this with a Dive ON sistah!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Welcome there snohomish girl... We have Lots of fun on this wacky dive Board , and have Lots of diving going on..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Hey Kayla! Welcome to the Board. Monday Madness is turning out to be quite an event for those of us who live up in the northend. Also, you should come down to the club dive on Saturday Oct. 10, and bring your Dad! Here is the link

"Julie the Cruise Director Pez"
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Pez7378 wrote: and bring your Dad! [

Talking about your dad, why was he banned?
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the crew and this board alone will be your "virtual dive" between dives. I find myself on here daily, cept the weekends when I am usually diving. Monday Muk madness is a fun time too,.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Dashrynn wrote:
Pez7378 wrote: and bring your Dad!

He wouldn't drink the Kool Aid. :koolaid:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

Oh man, can we not go into this please?

Welcome Kayla, I met you the other day in NWSD with Pez.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

:thumb3d:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Pez7378 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

I like koolaid.....between grape and cherry though....hard to decide...
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Dashrynn wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

:smt032 *smiley used for no apparent reason

If I had the choice between the two......hmmm

Fat Tire
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Norris wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

:smt032 *smiley used for no apparent reason

If I had the choice between the two......hmmm

Fat Tire
Blue moon...hands down.... :threadjacked:
kaylarose89
Just Settling In

Post by kaylarose89 »

:uh:
Pez7378 wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:

:thumb3d:
haha yeah I don't think I am going to go into it! not yet anyways! haha it is probably the smart thing to do!

haha
laughter
smiles,
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Welcome Kayla! Looking at your pic, I'm guessing the 89 in your username ain't your age :rofl:

We're in Auburn and dive around the south end a lot. My wife is a nurse with an erratic schedule so we frequently dive during the week. If you want to check out some of the cool sites down this way, let me know. We're always up for a dive or two, and we love meeting new divers and showing them around.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
kaylarose89
Just Settling In

Post by kaylarose89 »

the smiley faces just crack me up! haha
laughter
smiles,