Me and my Cars

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Me and my Cars

Post by Jenbowes »

So, some people know that I drive the fish stickered Geo Metro. But here's what my previous car looked like:

Just thought I'd share! :biggrin:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Me and my Cars

Post by kat »

that's too funny! that means that there is more than one plaid car in oly!
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

kat wrote:that's too funny! that means that there is more than one plaid car in oly!
If you're referring to the green plaid car, that was the first paint job of this one. I redid it with the purple.

Unless there's ANOTHER plaid car?! That would be cool!

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jenbowes wrote:
kat wrote:that's too funny! that means that there is more than one plaid car in oly!
If you're referring to the green plaid car, that was the first paint job of this one. I redid it with the purple.

Unless there's ANOTHER plaid car?! That would be cool!

Jen you have toooooo much time on your hands... You should dive more....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

Ive been considering a wild paint job on my maxima for sometime now. Maybe you and I could brainstorm together. Maybe during a long surface swim.
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

yeah it was green among other colors, used to see it parked on (washington?) off of fourth across from the reef. that was years ago...
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

you own that thing??? i seen it at the dive club and was like...wow thats a hardcore fish fanatic...
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

So lady... where's the pic of the fish sticker car?

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Sockmonkey wrote:So lady... where's the pic of the fish sticker car?

-Eric
Well, I don't have a super recent picture of Bubbles, and I'm currently having trouble figuring out how to get the pics I do have to shrink down to fit. I'm kind of a computer nimrod, in some ways. :computersmash:
I'll keep trying...
kat wrote:yeah it was green among other colors, used to see it parked on (washington?) off of fourth across from the reef. that was years ago...
This one?
Nwbrewer wrote: Jen you have toooooo much time on your hands... You should dive more....
I know, right?
Winter wrote:Ive been considering a wild paint job on my maxima for sometime now. Maybe you and I could brainstorm together. Maybe during a long surface swim.
I am WAY down for that!
Dashrynn wrote:you own that thing??? i seen it at the dive club and was like...wow thats a hardcore fish fanatic...
Her name is Bubbles, you know. Humorously enough, she got the decorations well before I even decided to become dive certified. Now, it fits nicely, don't you think?

kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

thats the one!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Jenbowes wrote:Well, I don't have a super recent picture of Bubbles, and I'm currently having trouble figuring out how to get the pics I do have to shrink down to fit. I'm kind of a computer nimrod, in some ways. :computersmash:
I'll keep trying...
email it to me, and i'll send you a smaller version.
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

I bet folks got out of the way when they saw you comin in that....too funny....can't wait to see Bubbles :thumb3d:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Is that a volkswagen Sirroco ? Those were sweet cars back in my Highschool days
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

H20doctor wrote:Is that a volkswagen Sirroco ? Those were sweet cars back in my Highschool days
Nope, an '80 Toyota Corolla. Or, Crayola, as I liked to call him (His name was John Darling). I'm not sure he was ever a sweet ride, but I liked him!

:-)

Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

spatman wrote:
email it to me, and i'll send you a smaller version.
Sent. I also managed to get it into my photo gallery here, but now I don't know how to post it in a thread. Geez.
sungurl wrote:I bet folks got out of the way when they saw you comin in that....too funny....can't wait to see Bubbles :thumb3d:
Ironically, some people would miss me entirely! I think I was an SEP (Someone Elses Problem). Other times, on the highway, people would give me an enthusiastic thumbs up ... then point to my car, just in case I wasn't sure why they were givin' the woot woot.

"Thumbs up? Hmm. Do you like my hair, or...? OH! The CAR! Right!"

Cracked me up!

kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

JB? Did kids ever tease you for your last name? Jen Bozo? Cause if they haven't... I'm totally going to start.

So you've got a bonafied Art Car it seems. Maybe you can teach the class described in the pdf at the bottom of that page? It's really in to have people call you professor.

I once saw a 5 1/4 floppy disk car in Ballard. I wonder what sort of art I could put on my truck to stop it from rusting away.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Sockmonkey wrote:JB? Did kids ever tease you for your last name? Jen Bozo? Cause if they haven't... I'm totally going to start.
Not me ... my brother was Bozo. Since I was 18, I've been Jenbowes (like one word), because there were so many Jennifers in my age group, we had to be distinguished somehow (popular name in 1970).
Sockmonkey wrote: So you've got a bonafied Art Car it seems. Maybe you can teach the class described in the pdf at the bottom of that page? It's really in to have people call you professor.
Maybe you could call me Professor Bozo?
Sockmonkey wrote:I wonder what sort of art I could put on my truck to stop it from rusting away.

-Eric
Hmm. Neoprene?

Superglue?

Superglue neoprene? You could have the wetsuit truck! :rofl: