in case you were watching the cutie next to you during class

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Re: in case you were watching the cutie next to you during class

Post by Dashrynn »

Wow....tacos, brad pitt, and absolute chaos...could this get any better?

Joshua...your nutz but I find your lack of boringness.......interesting....It seems this forum has been :threadjacked:

A gas management seminar would be fun but Its hard to attend something so far away
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

spatman wrote:
lamont wrote:can someone post a pic of the cutie?
AWWWWW!!!! SWEET!

Dashrynn wrote:It seems this forum has been :threadjacked:
By Spike Jonze
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

:blackblink:

It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me. I have been salesman of the month for 13 of the last 12 months. You heard me right. I did so well last February that Corporate gave me two plaques in lieu of a pay raise.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Last night we were watching the office and I got in trouble for typing an email to Bdub.
"You're not paying attention" (TWSS)
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Sounder wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
BDub wrote:
Jenbowes wrote:Whaaa?

Imagine you saw this thread when there were just two posts - Dashrynn and Sounder. You then decide to see where the thread has gone, but instead of reading ALL of the posts, you jump to page 2, to see what Bdub (the last poster) has added. Having gone to his gas management seminar and having found it FABULOUS, you think "I wonder what wisdom has been bestowed upon us from the brilliant Brian?"

Apparently, Brad Pitt and salad?
HEY! Josh is the bestower of all things Brad Pitt!

Anyway (to keep the spirit of the thread), Sometimes the smartest people don't think at all.
And the dumbest "think" too much! :angry:
Wow.
Okay, I get it. You feel out of the loop and you feel sorry for yourself and it's really sad because everyone thinks you're a loser.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Employees of this office are very small and delicate, deserve protection from local perves. Better a thousand innocent men are locked up than one guilty man roam free.
Last edited by BDub on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I wasn't given candy, as a child, so a movie that fetishized it that much, would have made no sense to me. Plus we weren't allowed to see movies. So, do the math.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Wow that is really hard. You really think you can go all day long? Well, you always left me satisfied and smiling.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Wow that is really hard. You really think you can go all day long? Well, you always left me satisfied and smiling.
Come on! It's a cute story.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

It's a bold move to photoshop yourself into a picture with your girlfriend and her kids on a ski trip with their real father. But then again, Michael is a bold guy. Is bold the right word?

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

It's like a girl says she'll make out with you but then her boyfriend is waiting around the corner with a pee-filled balloon.

dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Here's what I want to know from Dash:

Is the subject line a subtle confession?????????????????????????????????????
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

dwashbur wrote:Here's what I want to know from Dash:

Is the subject line a subtle confession?????????????????????????????????????
welllllll um... :evil4: nooo....but she was pretty cute...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Your Honour, we the members of the jury find the defendant guilty. :laughing3:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

airsix wrote:Your Honour, we the members of the jury find the defendant guilty. :laughing3:
objection! the defendant wants to state that he is a man just like any man and cannot resist the awesomeness of a bodacious babe.....broooo :metal:
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Did I say you were the only guilty party? Don't worry. There are 3 billion at-risk individuals out there just like you.

I won't name names but a while back I was gearing up for a Cove2 dive with another board member. I was helping him get his drysuit zipped when this girl came by and kind of hung out like she was waiting for someone. She was an exceptionally beautiful woman - Forget-your-own-name beautiful. To compound the problem, one of the things about her that was most noticeable was the iPod she was wearing. You couldn't miss it. Namely because it was the largest article of clothing she was wearing. Said diver took a serious testosterone-hit. I thought he was going to pass out. A man has to recognize the risks of gazing upon such intense beauty right as someone zips you into a 400g fleece-lined plastic bag. Avert your eyes for safety! :laugh:
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Most ridiculous thread ever.

That is all.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Thanks everyone for this thread. It served to remind me why I don't come here all that often.

What did you guyes do? You took what was, in fact, an attempt at a serious discussion of training issues and trashed it. Excellent job.

For the record, my response to the OP is that knowing the names of the various gas laws is not at all relevant to the basic OW diver. Even knowing they exist is not all that important either.

What IS important is knowing the effects of the laws -- gas compresses under pressure; the EFFECTIVE volume of a tank decreases with depth (BUT, of course, the actual volume does not which is contrary to what some instructors teach!); and why you should NOT hold your breath when ascending (in my opinion it is too bad that at least one agency has a "Golden Rule" of "Never Hold Your Breath" when, in fact, taking a big breath and holding it may be very appropriate at times -- just NOT when going up!).

There was also the beginnings of a very good discussion about whether an air sharing couple should just get out of Dodge and go to the big air tank as fast as safely possible -- whatever that speed is. (I've read that 120 fpm ascents are known to be safe depending on the N2 levels of the diver -- not to mention, bends can be fixed, drowning can't be.)

Anyway, congratulations to y'all.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I feel more like we "enhanced" the discussion.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Joshua Smith wrote:I feel more like we "enhanced" the discussion.
My sentiments exactly.

Nothing on the internet is a substitute for proper training, esp. if you can't read between the irrelevant. All boards have non-sense, this one is just more fun than average.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Peter Guy wrote:Thanks everyone for this thread. It served to remind me why I don't come here all that often.

What did you guyes do? You took what was, in fact, an attempt at a serious discussion of training issues and trashed it. Excellent job.

Peter, I mean this in a respectful manner. People go to amusement parks to be amused, schools to learn (and maybe be amused), the movies to be entertained, work to make money (and hopefully be amused) and the grocery store to get food. Point being, not everything needs to be serious. I bet the OP chuckled about this, and probably feels like "one of the club," because, quite frankly hijacks (and poking Sounder) are an integral part of the NWDC culture. You can either go against the current or with it . . . so, sit back, enjoy and maybe toss a few quotes from The Office into the mix.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

dsteding wrote:
Peter Guy wrote:Thanks everyone for this thread. It served to remind me why I don't come here all that often.

sit back, enjoy
Is that what she said(twss)?

In the beginning it was just something I stumbled upon and decided to post for a friendly reminder. In the end all your base are belong to us! ( Ha cant guess where I heard that quote)