Port Townsend area 11/6-11/8

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Port Townsend area 11/6-11/8

Post by renoun »

I'll be hanging out at Fort Warden 11/6-11/8 and would love the chance to get out and dive a bit. I have dove Pt. Wilson Reef and the wreck of the Alaska Reefer from PensacolaRacer's boat but don't know much about shore diving in the area. Anybody want to plan a couple of dives?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Port Townsend area 11/6-11/8

Post by pensacoladiver »

I'd love to bring the boat over and do Pt Wilson reef again. I even think H20 Doctor would tag along for this one. BUT, I will be on my way to Fallon on the 7th. :banghead:

I don't get back from China Lake until the 23rd of this month, so I only have about a 2 week turnaround before I'm back out again. If you want to work something into that time frame, I would gladly be down for it.

It has been close to 90 degrees here ( I love it), but I am about as far from water as I can be here. I can pretty much throw a stone and hit Death Valley.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

That's just a ferry ride away for me.....
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Drat, I'm outta town then!

Talk with Dusty2 -- if the tides are good he'll dive your brains out here. His (well, OUR) favorite spot is the pedestrian jetty and dolphin at Point Hudson, basically in front of the new Maritime Center downtown. IMO, Beats Fort Worden hands down.

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5465
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

60 south,

We have to dive together sometime. I want to hear some of your work stories with the Navy. Sounds like a pretty interesting job.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I'll be back up there the 23rd thru the 27th of this month.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Hey pensacolaracer, we should definitely go for a dive! I'll even come to you -- I'm overdue for a trip to Keystone. Bummer thing is, it'll have to be in the spring -- I have to go out of town and work (oh, that 4-letter word!) for a few months.

Dusty... I just noticed there's no dive site listing on this board for Fort Worden. We need to remedy that. :whip:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

60south wrote:Hey pensacolaracer, we should definitely go for a dive! I'll even come to you -- I'm overdue for a trip to Keystone. Bummer thing is, it'll have to be in the spring -- I have to go out of town and work (oh, that 4-letter word!) for a few months.

Dusty... I just noticed there's no dive site listing on this board for Fort Worden. We need to remedy that. :whip:
Go for it! I think if you go by the shop Grant should have a good layout of the site somewhere. I know it was started for a divemaster project that never got completed.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

It looks like Sat. the 7th is going to work best for me. I suspect that Dashrynn and I'll get to scheming.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

renoun wrote:It looks like Sat. the 7th is going to work best for me. I suspect that Dashrynn and I'll get to scheming.
I will have to confirm the duty status for this weekend but other than that I'm game anytime.

I am unfamilar with the area but I can read up on some spots. New unexplored regions are an adventure, and I'm an official adventurer! (I have my adventurer c card)
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I can't make it up this time, promised the wife to get some stuff done here, but if you go to Townsend bay dive down in the boat haven they can give you the info on where and when to go. Slack will be 11:29am and 1600 for Hudson point on the 7th. (the best site in town) There are maps and info on the site at http://www.townsendbaydive.org/townsend ... ext=hudson If you want more info pm me. The area has changed considerably above water since that map was drawn. (I need to update the info)They have built a new Maritime center where we used to park so you now have to park on the street and enter at the boat ramp and swim or wade over to the east side of the maritime pier. There is ample space to drop your gear near the ramp before parking if needed. The boat ramp is seldom used during the winter but exercise caution when returning from your dive. Do not park in the Salmon club lot. It is private and requires a permit. You may be towed and it is quite expensive!
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

I have been fighting a pretty bad flu lately, upper respitory thing, it has sucked. But I'm hoping to get back in the water by this weekend. I'll keep you updated.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

so i think point hudson or fort wordon underwater park would be an awesome dive. Hell I would be up for 3 or 4 dives if your down. These sites look interesting. i should have my housing for the g11 by this thursday or friday.