Very cool move by Edge/HOG equipment

General topics about technical diving.
camerone
Submariner

Re: Very cool move by Edge/HOG equipment

Post by camerone »

ljjames wrote: GAH! CAM!!! rebuild them BEFORE they start to go!! That way they might be less likely to 'start to go' at the not very opportune moment when you need them.
Usually, I do...

Florida was a complete fluke this year. I've _never_ before had regs fail completely on me after performing flawlessly for plenty of dives, let alone two first stages that both choked and failed to lock up on IP. I try to rebuild once a year for most things, and whatever isn't in the "rebuild" bin gets done anyway once I go through the trouble of setting up all the crap to do a service session.
I know brand new regs can fail, and freshly serviced ones as well, but it just falls into 'stacking the deck in your favor' kind of thing....
The only other failures I've ever had have been straight-from-the-shop ones, with me checking them before I went diving. One was a screwed up rebuild, and the other was me going to the shop owner and telling him his IP gauge was fubar'd and he needed to buy a new one for the test bench. :)
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

so to bring this topic back around to its original content, i just recieved my hog 2nd stage last night, i bought it to replace a new salvo one that sucked out of the box and could not be tuned in . gotta say the overall build quality on this thing is impressive, very nice details and features for a $54 reg. this is going on a deco tank so i wont know how it breathes deep but as soon as i get it wet i will report back.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Burntchef wrote:so to bring this topic back around to its original content, i just recieved my hog 2nd stage last night, i bought it to replace a new salvo one that sucked out of the box and could not be tuned in . gotta say the overall build quality on this thing is impressive, very nice details and features for a $54 reg. this is going on a deco tank so i wont know how it breathes deep but as soon as i get it wet i will report back.
Thanks! I'm keeping an eye out on this thread for that reason. I'll probably just get the extra DS4, and Tx50, but I do like hearing about another alternative.

D(B)