More from the Lake Washington Mill site

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

More from the Lake Washington Mill site

Post by Nwbrewer »

Romer Treece, CaseyB and I hit the Lake Washington Mill site last Sunday, I'm just finally getting around to editing the video. Super cool site, vis was decent considering how much it rained last weekend.

I sped up some of the video in the interest of keeping the video around my 2 minute limit. Enjoy.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/7234840[/vimeo]
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: More from the Lake Washington Mill site

Post by LCF »

That was not Lake Washington.

Nobody can EVER see that well in Lake Washington.

What's the story of the Mill?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

LCF wrote:That was not Lake Washington.

http://www.dcsfilms.com/Site_4/DCS_Website_78.html

We kind of stumbled across it by accident one day. It's a neat dive- pretty shallow, <60'.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Great article, Dan! You put so much work into the historical research -- it's a treat for the rest of us.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

WOW! You are on Vimeo now. :smt038
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sheahanmcculla wrote:WOW! You are on Vimeo now. :smt038
Huh?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

Thanks for sharing - Loved the crayfish. Nice editing - My limit is like 2 minutes too, so I appreciated the short video with not much superfluous material. It is the way it should be.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Looks great, Jake! You may get me back in the lake yet.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Huh?

I couldn't watch your photobucket movies on my phone. But I'm excited that I can now watch them.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sheahanmcculla wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
Huh?

I couldn't watch your photobucket movies on my phone. But I'm excited that I can now watch them.

Gotcha. I really like the quality of video that comes through on Vimeo vs Youtube. I just need a better camera and editing software to make use of the HD....

Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Nice video Jake, I hope to check that site out myself soon. Looks cool.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

LCF wrote:Great article, Dan! You put so much work into the historical research -- it's a treat for the rest of us.
Thanks! That is definitely half the fun for me.

Nice video Jake!
CaseyB449
Avid Diver

Post by CaseyB449 »

LCF wrote:That was not Lake Washington.

Yes, yes it was a great dive. I never thought the lake could be so clear either! It's a pretty weird site, as in the topography and such. I couldn't tell where the ground started and the wood pile ended... Pretty shallow, up and down profile on the comp,"Definately didn't need to top off the hp100...(SC)" It sure was cool to read the history behind the area from DCS. Great job Dan! Thanks again for the invite!!! :supz:
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques Yves Cousteau